Chapter 51: Fight

Start from the beginning

Ngumiti naman si Becca atsaka huminga ng malalim na hinarap kami. Her eyes were getting watery like she wanted to cry. Her life must be pretty sucky, living all her life with a criminal. I kinda pity her even though I don't like her attitude at all but she deserves the world.

"I was 6 years old back then. I will never forget what happened to my parents. Every night I can't sleep because I always dream about what happened to us before. Nagising nalang ako ng nasusunog na ang bahay namin. My dad tried to ask for help but it's hard to seek help when we're too far away from our neighbors. Ako ang unang niligtas ng daddy ko habang ang mommy ko ay naiwan sa loob dahil hindi siya makahanap ng mapagla-labasan." Patuloy lang na lumabas ang luha niya at nagsimulang manginig ang dalawang kamay.

"Hey... it's fin—"

"I'm sorry but could you please caress my hand. It helps me to calm." Sunod-sunod niyang saad na halos hindi namin siya maintindihan dahil sa sobrang bilis ng bibig niya.

"Caress her hand. It helps her calm." Pag-uulit ko sa sinabi niya at ginawa naman 'yun ni Tita Adrienne dahil siya ang nasa tabi nito.

"Bumalik ang d-daddy ko sa loob p-pero... may nahulog sakaniya na m-malapad na kahoy..." Her voice started to crack. Napatalon pa siya kaya bigla naman na kaming kinabahan sa ginawa niya.

I don't know what to do since this is the first time I encounter someone who's traumatized so badly but all I could want to do is to give her a hug. Lahat ng galit ko sakaniya nawala ng saglit ng marinig ko ang kwento niya. Gusto kong maiyak sa lahat ng pinagdaanan niya.

"Don't say it dear. It's fine. We're here." Tumabi sakaniya si mommy atsaka niya niyakap si Becca na hindi na mapigilan ang pag-iyak.

Lumingon ako kay Hugo at nakatingin din siya kay Becca na hindi maitago ang pagka-aalala sa mukha niya. Napa-buntong hininga akong tumingin ulit kay Becca.

I admire her. She's been in that situation when she saw how his dad and mom died then Efren used her after. She's so strong for her to be through all that. Although she grew up in a criminal household, she still didn't forget what her parents taught her.

Do the right thing.

"That's when he... died." Her voice cracked at the end.

"Do we really need to know all the truth about her life in that incident?" Tanong ko ng makita ang sobrang pag-iyak ni Becca.

"I think we just move on to our victim. She's traumatized about what happened. Let's not push her—" Hindi na natapos ang sasabihin ni Tita Kendra ng magsalita si Becca.

"It's fine. I grew up living through hell. It helps me to move on. I think it's time for me to tell the whole truth. So that you know what I've been through all of my life."

Nagka-tinginan silang lahat atsaka tumango din lang. "Okay... if that's what you want."

"So I went back inside so that I could help my mother get out but the fire was growing so fast that I couldn't even see inside and I just found myself on the floor unconscious. Then I just woke up to a beautiful room."

"The culprit's house?"

"Yes. I've been living my whole life hating all of you because of hatred and seeking for revenge, I ended up hurting other people but I wasn't even doing it for myself but for Efren. He can fuck himself and do his revenge by himself. I thought you guys abandoned me because I grew up believing that, to every word that I've been told to." Napalitan na ng galit ang mukha niyang kanina lang na tuloy-tuloy ang pag-luha niya.

"But that's not the truth though."

"I know and It's stupid for me to live my whole life in a lie for trusting and believing them."