Soulmates- Luke Skywalker

Start from the beginning

The old man, Kenobi, gave a nod. "Is it a fast ship?"

I snorted, knowing where this was going. Anytime someone dared to question the Falcon, it always led to a lecture from Han.

I avoided the gaze of the young man sitting across from me, but his eyes never left my face. I leaned forward, resting my elbows on the table and clasping my hands together. The colors were so overwhelming. I wished I could just take a moment to look at them all but there was no time. Besides, Han would notice that something was up. Han. What was I going to do?

"Fast ship? It's the Millennium Falcon," Han said incredulously. When they gave him a clueless look, he elaborated further. "I made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs on that ship."

I didn't have to look at Chewie to know that he was rolling his eyes.

"I can outrun Imperial ships, the big Corellian ones. She's fast enough, old man," Han continued.

I interjected before he could inflate his own ego any further. "What are we transporting?" I asked, directing my question to the old man in order to keep my focus off of the other one.

"Myself, the boy, and our two droids," Kenobi responded, his gaze shifting to meet mine. There was something about the way he stared me down. It was as if he knew what had just happened with his companion and I. But I knew that that wasn't possible. No one else could tell. Especially not Han.

"Why do you need to leave Tatooine so fast?" I asked. It was partially curiosity but partially so we could prepare if someone came after our passengers. We weren't security guards but when transporting people, part of the deal was making sure that they arrived alive.

"We do not wish to run into any Imperial ships. Let's leave it at that."

"That's going to cost extra. Sneaking around storm troopers and through enemy blockades isn't an easy task," Han responded. "We want ten thousand credits. In advance."

The younger man with the light colored hair laughed. "Ten thousand? Come on, Ben, we could get our own ship for that!" Even though he was arguing, his voice sounded hesitant to give up our ship. To give up a chance to talk to me.

I finally forced myself to look at him, knowing someone would notice if I didn't. "Ten thousand, take it or leave it. Besides, who's going to fly it if you buy your own?"

The boy began to respond but was again interrupted by his companion.

"We do not have ten thousand credits now, but if you help us we can give you two thousand now and fifteen more when we arrive safely in the Alderaan system," Kenobi said.

Han went quiet for a moment. He rose from his seat and held out his hand. "Deal."

Kenobi shook it.

"We are at docking bay ninety-four," I said to the two men. I rose from my seat and turned to leave, fighting every instinct that told me to go back.

The color left my face as the reality of my situation began to sink in. I was going to be stuck on a ship with my fiancé and my soulmate.

----

"You okay?" Han asked the minute we were inside the Falcon. "You seemed a bit off in there."

He knew me better than anyone so it was of no surprise that he had noticed. I felt as if I had held it together fairly well, at least on the inside. I knew the second I was alone I would fall apart. I couldn't quite describe what I was feeling. It was as if a part of me had been filled but then I had left it behind. My mind was aching for that feeling of wholeness to come back.