Battle Scars- Din Djarin

I stepped out of the shower and reached for the raggedy towel hanging on the hook outside

I stepped out of the shower and reached for the raggedy towel hanging on the hook outside. The good thing about the Razorcrest was that it had a functional shower on board.

The shower was tiny and only ran cold water, but it was still a shower.

As I dried myself with the towel, I realized I had forgotten to bring my clothes into the room with me. I muttered a curse under my breath.

I cracked the door open and peered outside to make sure the coast was clear. I held the towel around my naked body and creeped through the ship. Mando must have been in the cockpit with the child because I didn't see either of them.

The floor was cold on my bare feet as I crossed the ship to my sleeping quarters. I opened the door and spotted the clothes I had meant to bring with me. They were laying on my bed where I had left them.

I reached down for them and was startled out of my skin when I heard a voice behind me.

"What happened to you?" The Mandolorian's voice was soft and laced with concern.

I quickly turned around the face him, fiercely holding the towel around my body. My hair dropped water onto the floor.

"What?" I asked, in confusion. My face was a bright shade of red.

"Your..." he paused for a moment. "Your back."

My face turned even redder and I subconsciously reached one hand up to feel my scarred back. Years of abuse had left it permanently disfigured. No one had ever seen them but me.

"Slavery may have been outlawed in the galaxy, but it still exists," I told him plainly.

He stared at me through his mask. I wish I could see his face and understand what he was thinking.

"They used to hit me," I explained when he didn't say anything for several moments. Memories flashed in my mind and I blinked them away.

"I'm sorry," Mando said.

I have a light shrug. "It was a long time ago."

After years of it, I had been bought my someone else. That person died and I left. I hadn't been back to my home planet since, and I didn't plan on ever returning.

"Turn around," he said gently.

I still felt self conscious, but I did as he said. I could feel his gaze all over me. Then I felt his gloved finger gently brushing against the scarred skin. The touch sent a shiver through me.

His hand fell back to his side and I turned around, not saying anything.

"I know of healers who are said to be able to fix things like that," he told me.

My eyes widened in surprise. The thought of finally having a scar free body for the first time in years made me happy. "Do you really think they could fix them?"

He gave a nod and I smiled.

"I'll try and track them down for you," he told me, then left without another word.
~~~
This one is kinda sad but sweet. I hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you all so much for reading and I hope you will continue to read. I've got a lot more chapter planned and I'm always coming up with new ideas

My question for you guys today is...

Which Star Wars villain is your favorite?