Origin Story- Obi-Wan Kenobi

Start from the beginning

I didn't.

———

I asked around town about the Jedi. Most people didn't know enough or care enough to answer my questions, and those who did didn't offer much that I didn't already know. Some even warned me to stop pressing into such topics, stating it would only get me into trouble.

I was told that the Jedi were a cult, that they were heroes, that they didn't care about the outer rim, that they did more harm than good. So many contradicting stories, I didn't know what to believe. I did know that if all Jedi were like Ben, they must've been good. After all, he had helped me, a complete stranger.

As if reading my thoughts, the man stepped into view. Things had been different since that night we spent hiding out from the storm. I regretted not kissing him that night. I had thought about it a million times since but there was just never a good time to try it.

"It's not your usual day at the market," I noted as he approached me.

"I needed a few extra supplies and wanted to make the trip a day early," Ben stated. He looked as if there were more to it, but I didn't want to press.

I was glad to see him but I quickly realized I had no idea what to make for our weekly dinner if he was going to be there a day early. "I haven't gotten anything for dinner," I said with a frown. I spent much more time than I would care to admit planning out our meals together. It was my excuse to see him every week.

"That's not a problem." Ben's smile grew. "I was hoping I could cook for you tonight."

I usually refused to let him help with my cooking. I was always taught that a gracious host never let their guest lift a finger, even when that guest protested. Besides, I enjoyed it. Before he showed up on Tatooine I never had many house guests to entertain.

I smiled and gave a nod. "I would like that."

Without a word he looped our arms together and started off through the market. I blushed at out sudden closeness and kept my eyes on the dirt street ahead as we wove our way through the crowd. But he was going in the wrong direction. My brow furrowed. "Ben, my house is the other way," I said.

"Yes I know," he responded. "But we aren't going to your house tonight." We walked at a steady, but slow pace. He was much taller than me so I knew that he was walking slow on purpose for my sake. His house lied far beyond the outskirts of town. I finally realized why he only came into Mos Eisley once a week. It was quiet out here in the desert. There was no sound but our own feet crunching against the sand.

The hut came into view, small but still bigger than my own. He never let go of me as we trekked up the hill that led to his home. I wondered if he got lonely living all the way out here. I wanted to ask what happened to all of the other Jedi. Surely there were more out there somewhere. However, it wasn't my place to ask and it definitely wasn't a good time for it.

The inside of the hut was similar to most on Tatooine. Practical and functional, yet more spacious that I had expected.

Ben wouldn't let me lift a finger while he cooked dinner over the fire for the both of us. I shouldn't have been surprised considering I did the same thing every other week since we have started this tradition.

I watched as he knelt over the fire, stirring the soup with a wooden spoon. He looked so handsome in the glow of the fire. He just have felt me staring because he looked at me and smiled.

The night went on as usual. We laughed and talked as we ate our meal.

Ben rose from his seat. "I should start cleaning all of this up," he announced as he began gathering up our dirty dishes.

"Oh, let me help you." I quickly stood up to help, ignoring his protests as I picked up my own bowl and spoon.

We stood side by side at the basin of water, throughly cleaning the dishes. With every movement our shoulders brushed against the other's and every time my heart began to beat a little faster.

"See?" I dried off my hands and looked up at him with a grin. "That went much faster with the both of us cleaning up."

A soft chuckle escaped him. He wore an amused expression as his eyes studied my face. I could feel the heat rushing into my cheeks and I desperately hoped he wouldn't notice it and laugh at me.

We stood like that for several moments until some silent agreement passed between the two of us. The next thing I knew, my lips were pressed against his. I felt a pair of strong arms wrapping around my waist as my own arms snaked around his neck.

My back was pressed against the stone counter and my chest pressed tightly against Ben's. The kiss was better than I ever could have imagined, and I imagined it a lot. A lot more than I would ever admit.

Neither of us pulled away until we were breathless. He rested his forehead against my own, his lips only millimeters apart from my swollen ones.

"You have no idea how long I have wanted to do that," I murmured.

~~~~
This one took me FOREVER to write until I was happy with it (and I'm still not sure how to feel about it). I hope you enjoyed, dear readers. I wanted to give y'all a longer one since most have been fairly short.

Are you excited for the Kenobi series?

I am still dying for that trailer to be released. Disney is starving us!

I would also like to thank everybody who has taken the time to read this book and vote for it. It means a lot and it gives me motivation to keep writing!