Personal Heater

Începe de la început

Using the temperature recorder on his phone, Aizawa watched as Todoroki's temperature went lower and lower, icy fractures forming at the corner of his screen every time the boy let out a particularly long exhale.

The other students in the gym could feel the cool temperatures from the drafty air at the back of the gym. Some paid no attention whilst others went to investigate, stopping some distance away when they saw their classmate with ice seeping up his right arm and their teacher shivering but staying determinedly in place.

" -30 degrees C." Aizawa announced, pulling his thick winter coat even closer to his shaking limbs. Damn, Todoroki really had been working hard to be so consistent with his regulation.

"I can go lower." Todoroki whispered, opening his eyes a second to see his teacher's expression; a single nod and he refocused on his task, dropping further and further into the freezing abyss.

-40... -50... -60...

"Are you alright, Sensei?" Todoroki asked quietly, knowing his teacher was shaking intensely.

"Y-y-yeah, keep g-going." Aizawa stammered out between his chattering teeth. He would need several coffees and an extra-long nap after this. He scooted back in fear of getting frostbite, villains truly wouldn't stand a chance against this.

-70... -80...

The ice was beginning to climb the side of Todoroki's neck, his cheeks dusting red as he felt the ice begin to prick at his skin. He was cold enough and decided to raise his temperature back to normal, not wanting his control to snap and expell the cold at his classmates. 

"S-slowly." Aizawa warned, readying his quirk in case his student became too hot too fast.

A shaky exhale of an icy cloud was his response, and Aizawa watched his student expell the cold from his skin, the ice turning to droplets as he raised his core temperature. His limbs loosened when they reached above zero, and as his student raised those lost few degrees to the optimum body temperature of 37 degrees C, he returned to sitting next to his student, ready to catch him as-

When he let his natural regulation take control, all weight left Shoto's limbs; slumping to the side, Aizawa managed to catch him and hold him up, letting the boy rest his head against his shoulder.

"Good?" he asked, congratulating his student after receiving a shaky thumbs up.

"That was so cool Todobro!" Kirishima yelled from across the gym. 

"I am here!" All Might came jogging over with a warm, heated blanket courtesy of Yaomomo.

Shoto accepted it and let himself bask in the soft warmth as he regained autonomy over his body. Thankfully, there wasn't too much time left of the school day, so soon enough the class were changing out of their hero suits and rushing to get back to the dorms for some hot chocolate: the perfect, sweet, and creamy treat after a hard-working day...

Later that evening, Shoto was sitting and reading in the common room, having just completed his homework. Even though he was sure the heating was on, several of his passing classmates were wearing big knitted jumpers and even outdoor jackets, Tsuyu wearing two scarves and gloves for hibernation reasons. He was content in a white t-shirt and black joggers, curled up in the corner of the sofa as he heated up his body.

But his solitude didn't last for much longer, as soon he could hear loud stomping coming down the stairs from the boys' side of the dorm, sounds suspiciously like explosions echoing down the corridor. A red-faced Bakugou showed up in a giant black hoodie with his signature black skull design, as well as grey joggers; under his slippers were the fluffiest socks Shoto had ever seen.