The Metropolis Story... Part X

"The Metropolis Story..."

Archived at the Buffy Rebecca verse, . You might want to take a gander at the Cicelyverse page to get a handle on the Cicely Addams material...

Disclaimer: All BTVS characters remain the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and all other owner/creators of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series...

Summary: Poet/Champion turned reporter/Champion (the vampire thing was involuntary) for the second least respectable news organization in Metropolis, William Soames Walthrop is assigned the job of uncovering the mysterious silence of a famed, deceased silent film star of the great film inspired by the greatest city on Earth. Both the other reporter/Champion and other reporter/seedy investigator of things mysterious in town hate his guts.

Part X...

"So...Rupert." Karl leaned back in the booth of the pub Giles had suggested as a fine lunch spot near Heathrow, sipping at his pint. Brit beer eh, not bad, not bad...Famed hat on table hastily moved to his lap as Margaret gave slight yelp as her poured beer from pitcher slightly foamed over to the table. So sorry, Karl...Apologetic look. "It's fine, Meg." Wave to her nervously grateful look...

Though glad someone appreciates the value of a grand ole hat... While Spike, to Margaret's left, content to see his own favorite jacket quite out of range.

"You and your friends here are all with the Royal Society of Antiquarians and Library Scientists?" Kolchak eyeing the new acquaintances among the group.

Well, the Wells character definitely looks the part... The girls, however...

"Yes, though I trust we're not quite as boring as the title would suggest..." Rupert smiled. "As you can see, the job can even attract the young."

"Oh, yeah..." Barbara agreed as Inga nodded, draining her pint. "Of course, I have a degree in history...And Inga in forensics."

"Really?" Kolchak nodded.

Would not have figured that...Fashion, maybe...Cheerleading, perhaps.

Margaret smiling... "Well, I think it must be fascinating...All that access to History, especially here in England and Europe. The things you must uncover in your work."

"Indeed..." Giles, Wells next to him, Barbara and Inga beside him...

"And you, Miss Summers..." Karl turned to the young, dark-haired, woman, who'd just met them at the pub, currently chatting a mile a minute at Walthrop, whom she'd wedged in beside, to his left, holding his arm rather tightly. Spike looking distinctly uncomfortable, yet somehow...Pleased?...At her earnest and obvious fondness.

"You're also with the Council?"

"Me? Nah..." the woman shrugged. "My sis does some work with them but I'm at University as they say here. Milan for my main school but I'm doing a semester at Cambridge. It's where my dad went." She smiled at Spike who stared.

"Nibs? Your dad went to Cambridge?" he blinked.

"Years ago..." Ms. Summers nodded.

"I thought ole Hank never left California till he took off for New York or wherever he ran to..."

Ms. Summers offering quick shrug, slight smile...

Niece maybe? Kolchak pondered. Well, have to be one several generations removed, natch, but the resemblance is pretty...

"So, Ms. Summers?" Margaret looking over from her spot in the booth, opposing side of Spike...Likewise her clear fondness both disquieting and pleasant to him, at the same time.