The Metropolis Story... Part VI

"The Metropolis Story..."

Archived at the Buffy Rebecca verse, . You might want to take a gander at the Cicelyverse page to get a handle on the Cicely Addams material...

Disclaimer: All BTVS characters remain the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and all other owner/creators of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series...

Summary: Poet/Champion turned reporter/Champion (the vampire thing was involuntary) for the second least respectable news organization in Metropolis, William Soames Walthrop is assigned the job of uncovering the mysterious silence of a famed, deceased silent film star of the great film inspired by the greatest city on Earth. Both the other reporter/Champion and other reporter/seedy investigator of things mysterious in town hate his guts.

Part VI...

INS, Noon...

A somewhat unusual hour for the brightest star of the INS firmament, William Soames Walthrop, but given their departure time for London and the need to settle all final arrangements, he'd decided it was a necessity. Besides, he wouldn't be out and about at night tonight, probing the dark alleyways of Metropolis to sound and scour the city's underbelly, he noted to Margaret, carefully adjusting dark glasses as a staff member opened blinds at her desk. Carefully stepping behind her desk and pulling at his gloves...

A...uh...Slight accident in his apartment the other night...Doctor wants him to keep them till the burns heal in a week or so...

Just hope I put enough of this special sunblock on. It's worked every time so far but Wolfram-Hart has a nasty way of building special surprises into the little gifts it bestows on its underworld clients. And I doubt Angel has the QC science staff left to check every item they left behind out thoroughly...

An eager Margaret bubbling at her desk...London, Berlin...My goodness...Even Geneva. She'd never thought a chance like this would come her way, at least at INS. If only she could find a few documents or photos back at her place to bring for reference in tracking her family down while in England. There surely must be a few cousins, etc left...

And of course, she happily noted...Only the slightest hint of coyness in her glance at the object of her affection...A wonderful chance to travel with her two favorite men...Coworkers.

"Well, no one deserves it more, sweetheart." he smiled at her.

Probably wouldn't do harm at that to help her find a few relations. Stability and all that... And the Waverlys must still have a few branches Angelus or Dru didn't track down and rend limb from limb. Angel could provide any covering docs needed.

Assuming this gunk works and I can move about to any extent by day. He winced as another window blind was raised, jumping as the whole rotted thing came loose at the staffer's pull, leaving the window wide and sunlight flooding in...

"Will?" Margaret came out of the clouds to regard his stricken face. Gloved hands instinctively raised...

"Anything wrong...?" Kolchak, coming out of his office, peering at the two.

"Not used to the daylight from all the night hours." Margaret nodded sagely at Will who sheepishly felt his unburned face.

Ok...No need for a mad dash to the decrepit washroom...

"I guess so..." he shrugged, smiling. "But I'll readapt quickly. It's my nature..."

"I hope so..." Margaret, sternly but eyes twinkling. "I'll need a chaperone around town. And Karl doesn't like museums and such...Oh, Karl..." she happily picked up the tickets on her desk. "These just came in." she handed them to him.