Chapter 12: Mommy's Home

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Don't be sad sweetie", the woman says.

"Oh I'm not, See my dad, WHO STUCK AROUND, taught me to have tough skin, but what have you been doing all my life, oh yeah pretending to be someone else", Talia says.

"Actually I've spent my days, hunting down metas, something that the League of Assassins have obviously failed to do", the woman says.

"How did you pull that off", Talia asks. 

"Well I slightly changed my name to Melissa, built an army from scratch, and went on shall we say a tour, killing metas", the woman says.

"Sounds dumb to me!", Nyssa says.

"And who might you be?", the woman asks."

"Ghul's daughter, and your daughters' sister.", Nyssa says.

"So you're the Russian mistake child, that Ghul had, how's your mother anyway", the woman says.

"Doing way better than you Melissa, Dead or Alive", Nyssa replies.

"Cute, but that's Melisande to you", Melisande replies, "To everybody actually".

Nyssa crosses her arms.

"Well why are you back now?", Talia asks.

"Because I went to Freeland, one of the last few stops for metas lurking and my team kinda got destroyed, and I was sent back here to Arkam Asylum, but thanks to a Joker that owed me a favor, he freed me, so I'm back here to form another team", Melisande states.

"But I got in contact with her and told her I still had the league of assassins", Ghul says.

"Well what's the plan?", Talia asks.

"In a few weeks, when the time is right, we will go back to Freeland and cause so much chaos, it will bring everyone back for a little homecoming, making those new metas in Gotham, leave Gotham", Melisande replies.

"Why not now?", Nyssa asks.

"Well if you must know.....", Melisande starts.

"Of course or I wouldn't have asked", Nyssa says.

"Little girl, you're pushing my buttons!", Melisande says.

"Maybe one will detonate the bomb inside your heart and blow you up from the inside out", Nyssa says.

"Like it did to your mom", Melisande jokes.

Nyssa stands up ready to swing.

"LADIES", Ghul yells.

The two stop and stare at Ghul.

 "We have to work together if we want to end up on top, so like it or not, you will be taking orders from her", he says turns turning to Nyssa, "But you have to learn to treat her with respect", he says to Melisande.

"To hell with taking orders from her", Nyssa yells.

"Nyssa!", Talia says softly, "Do it for me."

Nyssa stares at her for a moment then sits down.

"Thank You, now we have to wait because I got intel from within that The Joker is working on a plan to tire Batman and his little team out, until they'll be too tired to fight anymore, THAT, is when we strike", Melisande states.

"And that is when will win", Ghul says, smiling at Melisande.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over at Wayne Manor, The Team sits in the living room just enjoying each other company.

"So what do we do now?", Jenn asks.

"We wait for the Joker to do anything or send us another message", Bruce starts, "Me an Alfred will take turns watching over the message boards, and if we notice something suspicious, day or night, we will be out there as a team fighting".

"That sounds good", Khalil says.

"You know what sounds better?", Anissa says.

"Pizza?", Dionte asks.

"You stole the words right out of my mouth", Anissa says laughing.

"Yeah I'm starving", Jenn says.

"I'll have Alfred order us some Pizzas" Bruce says standing up, "What kind would you all like?".

"Pepperoni of course", Dionte starts.

"Ooo and get some hamburger too", Anissa says.

"I kinda like Chicken", Khalil adds in.

"Can you put pineapple on that chicken pizza", Jenn says.

Everyone falls silent.

"Now that's nasty", Anissa jokes.

Everyone burst out laughing.

After a few minutes down stairs letting Alfred know what to order Bruce comes back upstairs. He walks back in the living room with the team. Suddenly there's a knock at the door. Bruce goes to open it. When he opens it a woman stands there with her head facing the ground.

"Hi Bruce!", the woman says looking up.