Chapter 3: Bruce Who?

Khalil, Jenn, Anissa, and Dionte walk into a diner. Khalil begins to walk up to the counter, Anissa grabs his arm and pulls him to a booth at the back of the diner.

"Are you crazy, We just broke you out of Jail, now they don't know who we are but they certainly know who you are, you're probably plastered throughout this entire city with Wanted photos, so until we can figure out a way to clear your name, you got to lay low", Anissa says.

"Which is why we need to get back to Freeland asap", Jenn says.

"I'm not going back J", Khalil replies.

"But you said you we're happy that we came to rescue you", Jenn states.

"From Jail, I was never gonna leave Gotham, it's too dangerous, I haven't figured out how to get rid of Painkiller", Khalil says.

"Why would you think that we would come all the way to Gotham to bail you out?", Jenn says.

"I mean why not, I'm apart of the team, aren't I", Khalil asks.

"We thought you was", Jenn replies.

"What do you mean?", Khalil asks.

"She means that you were apart of a team, and you walked out on us", Dionte says.

"I walked out to protect you guys", Khalil says.

"Protect us from what, Painkiller, we handled it before and we can handle it again, it may get challenging but that's what a team is for, to help us overcome the hard battles", Dionte replies.

Anissa's phone begins to ring.

"It's dad, probably wants to know where we are", Anissa says getting up from the table. She walks outside.

Anissa: Hey dad what's up.

Jeff: How are thing going with Khalil

Anissa: Well we got here and figured out that Khalil had been arrested.

Jeff: Arrested, Arrested for what?

Anissa: He had $150,000 that he couldn't explain, and a number of unregistered weapons that he doesn't even remember having.

Jeff: He doesn't remember?

Anissa: Nope, he doesn't remember anything from last night, he remembers arriving in Gotham, looking for a place to stay then waking up in a prison cell.

Jeff: Well is he still there?

Anissa: No we got him out.

Jeff: How?

Anissa: At first we were gonna get him out by making a couple of phone calls and posting bail, but he didn't want us coming there to help him and being tied to his crimes, so we broke him out.

Jeff: Who broke him out?

Anissa: Lightning, Thunder, and Cryo

Jeff: Who is Cryo?

Anissa: Dionte, he needed a name so that we would stop calling him Dionte out in the field.

Jeff: So where is everybody now? 

Anissa: We're eating at this little Diner called Oswalds, and we're trying to get Khalil to come back with us Tonight, but how it's looking we'll be leaving without him.

Jeff: That's what I was calling to tell you all, I need you guys to stay there for a little while.

Anissa: What why?

Jeff: If I tell you, you have to promise to not tell your sister, or she will get all hot headed and fly back to Freeland.

Anissa: Okay, I promise!

Jeff: Well, There's this new group in Freeland, that's really dangerous, and they we're sent here to kill metas, starting with our team.

Anissa: Oh my god, I'm so sick of all these teams that's against us, is everybody alright.

Jeff: Yes but I have to let you know that they did get to Grace and they beat her up pretty bad.

Anissa: Omg is Grace okay?

Jeff: Grace is fine she healed quickly and ready to protect Freeland again.

Anissa: Are you sure? If anything happens to her I don't know what I will do.

Jeff: Yes, But you guy's best bet is to stay where you are because there's no one after you all in Gotham. 

Anissa: But where would we stay?

Jeff: I have a friend in Gotham that I met during the Crisis who has offered to let you guys stay at his house while he's out of town.

Anissa: And where do we find this friend.

Jeff: His butler will come get you four from the Diner you are at, so stay put.

Anissa: Okay

Jeff: And be safe.

Anissa: Okay Dad, Love You!

Jeff: Love you too!

Anissa hangs the phone up and walks back inside. They have already ordered food. 

"We ordered you a dinner platter, I don't know what's on it but it sounds good", Dionte says.

"What did Dad say?", Jenn asks.

"Oh, um, he said that we need to stay in Gotham for a little while", Anissa says.

"Why is something wrong back home?", Jenn replies.

"No, he wants us to stay here to...", Anissa looks from one concerned face to the next, "To help Khalil get rid of his painkiller".

Jenn stares at Anissa in wonder.

"Ok, but where are we suppose to stay", Dionte says.

"He's sending a guy over that's gonna let us stay in his house while he's out of town on business", Anissa replies.

Jenn continues to stare at Anissa. Then looks away. After a few minutes the Waitress comes out and puts their plates on a table. Just when they are about to dig in, An older man in a black and white tux walks over to the table.

"Hello, My name is Alfred Pennyworth, and My boss sent for the four of you", the man says.

"And who's your boss?", Khalil asks.

"Bruce Wayne", Alfred says.

Dionte chokes on his soda.

"Bruce Who?", Dionte asks.

"Bruce Wayne", Alfred says then gets closer to the table, "Batman".

Everyone stares in confusion.

"He was apart of the crisis?", Anissa asks.

"Actually No, but he works closely with the Flash, who indeed was apart of the Crisis and he put in a good word for your Father", Alfred says, "Now come along, I know you all are tired from your day of Lawyering to get this one out of Jail".

"You heard about that?", Jenn says nervously.

"I saw it, I have cameras down at the police station, and I truly enjoyed watching the three of you take down all of those guards", Alfred says.

"It was on camera?", Khalil says raising his voice a little.

"Yes, but I wiped the memory files clean, so you have nothing to worry about", Alfred says.

"Well okay then", Jenn says getting up.

"What about our food?", Dionte says.

Alfred signals one of the waitresses.

"Excuse me Madam, can you box up these orders, we're gonna take them to go", Alfred says pulling out a check book.

He writes a check for $45 and give the woman a $100 tip. The lady smiles and begins packing up the food. The group stares at Alfred in amazement. After the lady finishes they get up and begin walking out. They drive to Bruce Wayans Mansion! It stands about 4 stories high, has a huge land, and an inside pool.

"I really hope nothing bad is happening to Freeland because I never wanna leave this place", Jenn says.

Anissa laughs nervously.