Eda X Human!NB!Reader [Together Again]

Start from the beginning

"Sure, do you have anything in mind?" Eda said, standing up from her makeshift bed she had been sitting on, getting the key out to open the portal door. "maybe we could go into town if you're ready for it"

"No I'm still very nervous about it" (Y/n) said, putting on the now packed backpack.

"No worries (Y/n), we'll just have a classic adventure" Eda said, going through the portal door, (Y/n) following right behind her. "I,, I also need to tell you something"

"Oh! I have something I want to tell you too" They said, the portal door closing behind them, as they continued to walk into the boiling isles forest. "Why don't we do it at the lake"

The two were walking in silence, it had become a normal occurrence after (Y/n) realized they had a crush on Eda, they would wait for her to start conversations whenever they had these short walks, especially since she knew the place better than (Y/n).

However this time was different, (Y/n) could feel it. She walked the two towards the lake, the one they had first gone to when (Y/n) got the courage to go into the portal for the first time. Eda stopped, now in front of the lake, her back turned to (Y/n), concerning them.

"(Y/n) I need to be honest with you" Eda said.

"Eda you can tell me anything" They said, even more worried, taking off their backpack and putting it on the ground, reaching their hand out to put on Eda's shoulder, she flinched away, scaring the human even more. "Eda?"

"My curse is getting worse,,, I'v-I've already hurt my dad on accident because of it, and,,," She continued, remembering back to the night with her dad. "I'm afraid of hurting you, so I'm gonna stay here, on the boiling isles, and we have to stop hanging out"

"Eda" (Y/n) said, grabbing her arms to look her in the eyes. "Eda look at me, I know you wont hurt me, I trust you, we can get through this together"

"You really think so-" Before Eda could finish her sentence her arms grew feathers, her curse about to emerge, panicking she took the portal key, opening a portal back to the human world. "Oh, oh no, you need to go (Y/n), before I hurt you"

"But i can help" they said, picking up their backpack and taking out some of the elixir for Eda to drink.

"Go NOW!" Eda screamed, slashing the elixir bottle out of (Y/n) hands, blood staining her claws, screams of pain coming from the human now. "No, no no no NO!"

"E-Eda.." They said weakly, Eda pushing (Y/n) through the portal. "I love you"

The portal door closed, the human's confession being the last thing Eda heard. 

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

It had been over a decade since the incident had happened, and (Y/n) didn't see Eda again, they eventually moved away from their hometown, leaving behind any chance of reuniting with their old friend and crush.

(Y/n) could never forget her though, the scar on their arm being a constant reminder of her, and how they felt as if they had failed her.

"Welp time to work" They said, grabbing their keys and leaving, locking the door behind them. While walking outside on the street they put on some headphones, to drown out the noise of the city, however if they had paid any attention they would have known what they were walking into. "What the-!"

(Y/n) had fallen through a rift, and landed onto ground. they quickly sat up, looking around, barely recognizing where they were, the boiling isles forest.

"Yup I'm dreaming again" The human said, pinching themselves, realizing that it was in fact real. "Eda.."

They sprung up from the ground, running through the forest to try and find civilization, they stumbled upon a secluded house. The house was beautiful, it had a giant glass art window, reminiscing an eye, a tower attached behind it and an owl face attached to the front door.

"Woah pretty-"

"Why thank you" was interrupted, the owl face that had been present on the door and stretched out, now in front of the human, they screamed, jumpscared by the sudden appearance. The demon spun around the human, grabbing them and bringing them inside. "I found a new friend hoot hoot!"

"Hooty i told you to stop bringing strangers into the house" A familiar voice said, reaching her arm out for the human on the floor. "Sorry about that"

"No worries" (Y/n) said, grabbing her hand, being pulled up on their legs again, the woman looked intently at the scarred arm, not letting go of it.

"(Y-y/n)?" The woman said, recognizing her old friend. "Is that really you?"

"Eda?!" (Y/n) Hugged her tight. "It's me, it's really me"

"Oh (Y/n) I've missed you so much" She said, hugging them even tighter back before pulling away to look the human in the eyes. "I'm so sorry-"

"Don't apologize Eda, it's not your fault" They give her a light slap. "That's for never coming back to see me again for all those years"

"Yeah that one's deserved" Eda said, (Y/n) however stopped her with a quick kiss on the lips

"and that is something I've been longing to do" Eda smiled, going in for another kiss.