I'VE FALLEN FOR MY ENEMY

Start from the beginning

“And if ever? What will you do to me? Huh?...oh please—Paul don’t you dare threaten me. Before you make any stunts..I’ll make you ran down that hallway crying for your mama’s name. Understood?” before he could speak, I kicked his thigh.

            Paul growls in pain. We got inside the room leaving him and his ‘ducklings’ outside. Paul’s gang helped him to the clinic. I could still hear his voice outside cursing my name. First day in school, First day in clinic. WOW! That’s totally good.

“You okay?” Mia’s concern voice.

“With a duck around? No way. What a bad day to start.” I muttered.

“Chill. Did you know that what just you’ve done was absolutely scary. Giving him a deadly steely eyes. That makes him a little bit nervous. And the kicking way, I love that.” She said.

            My anger was compared to a boiling lava inside the erupting volcano. The door cracked open, a man in his middle- age came. He was wearing a black pants, brown long sleeves with neck tie, and an eyeglasses. He looks a business man somehow but more of professor, due to the three strand of small hair on his shinny head. We greeted him “good morning” and he gestured us to sit down. He introduce himself as Mr. Cortez (pronounce it as cortex), opened his attendance sheet and start calling us by our family names. If he happens to mispronounce our name he would just raise an eyebrow.

            At the back Paul’s ducklings are busy on laughing our poor professor. I wish they wouldn’t piss our teacher. Mr. Cortez will be our biology teacher for the whole semester. He start picking our lab partners randomly. Just as then, Paul enter the room, dragging his left foot to his seat.

“ Mr. Brenner. Right?” Mr. Cortez said.

“Yes sir. Sorry if I’m late. I’ve just went out of the clinic.” He pointed his injured leg.

“Please take a sit.” Mr. Cortez said.

            Mr. Cortez stood in the front.

“OK..Before we could proceed on discussing matters, I want you to have a partners.” He announced.

“What was he talking about” Paul demanded on the back.

“We don’t know.” One of his friends said.

            Mr. Cortez keep on announcing who’ll be our lab partners for the whole school year.

“And the last…Mr. Brenner and Miss Avellan..Any questions?” Mr. Cortez asked.

“But-But sir! He couldn’t be my lab partner!” I complained

“I do agree sir. And besides she doesn’t fit to be one” Paul agreed an

“Why? What’s the matter? You guys need to cooperate with each other. This was just the start of the school year, my dears.” Mr. Cortez said in a calm voice.

“But sir!” I yelled as I stood.

“Miss Avellan, accept it or drop from my subject. You Mr. Brenner. ” Mr. Cortez said.

“We do accept it ,sir. Stacie, wouldn’t mind it. Right?” Paul said as he stood from his chair and he looked at me.

My mouth fell open as he said those lines. I gave him a disgusting look. The bell rang and Mr. Cortez fixed his things.

“Anymore questions?” Mr. Cortez said. When nobody raised their hands. “Ok. Goodbye, class dismissed.”

“This is not good.” Mia said shaking her head.