"There's nothing between us. I'm just careless with my work and that probably made him so critical with me." I said.

"Yeah, that must be it. That is everyone's impression at our department. It's impossible for him to have a thing for you, knowing his attitude to you and looks wise."

He snorted and arrogantly said "You're careless, indeed! Look what you've done, you messed up big time. That's what you get! Anyone would get mad for someone being so careless and a killjoy."

"What? A killjoy?"

"Yes, you're a killjoy who gets all sensitive with jokes."

I frowned at him but he suddenly said "See? You're at it again, getting all sensitive. Anyways, you're uber is behind me. Adieu~".

I looked behind his car and it's indeed my ride.

He smirked at me then raised his window up and drove off.

What a really rude guy. Henry really like making fun of other people.

I am in my uber ride then started going to Conrad's place. While riding and going to my destination, I reminisced my conversation with Henry.

Did I really hit and injured Charles so bad? Henry said Charles got some bruises around his torso! Will he be alright?

But hey, I don't regret what I did to him. The pain he's feeling right now is not even the equivalent of the pain I felt, emotions wise.

As Henry said, It's really impossible for that guy Charles to like me. I swear I heard him say I love you, not I hate you earlier but my inner self and mind says it's the other way around.

I'm just being delusional. I'm getting ahead of myself if I believe he likes me.
.
.
.
.
.

I have arrived at Conrad's condominium. I pushed the doorbell button then after a few minutes, he opened the door. He smiled at me and welcomed me.

He directed me to his dining table and he said we will work there but he said we have to ear dinner first.

To my surprise, he has prepared carbonara pasta for the each of us. I'm getting all embarrassed and I feel that I caused him trouble.

"Oh no, you didn't have to!"

"It's okay. I like cooking so go ahead and eat." He said this while placing the plate with the food on the table.

I awkwardly thanked him. We both sat at the dining table seated across with each other. I placed my bag and paperbag on the chair beside me.

I tasted his carbonara and my eyes sparkled when I chewed on it. Wow, he's really a good cook!

"You don't eat properly but surprisingly you are a good cook!" I jokingly said.

"I'm properly eating on time, thanks to you. I got this skill thanks to my parents. All of us siblings were taught to cook for survival." He then got a bite of his pasta.

As we started engaging in conversations while eating, I suddenly remembered that I need to thank him about what happened at the studio earlier.

"During at the studio, thank you for defending me and speaking on behalf of me. I really appreciate it." I thankfully smiled at him.

"No big deal, I just blurted out what I think is right to say to them. I don't like the way they treat you earlier. You were not comfortable with them when I saw you with them before so I had an impression you don't have a good relationship with them."

I cupped my left hand onto my left cheek as I got conscious. "Am I that obvious that I don't get along with them?"

He's in thought for a few seconds and said that "I just naturally sensed it and coincidently I saw what I happen to see on the relationship you have with your colleagues. Did something happen at work? Why are they treating you like that? To be fair, I want to hear their side because maybe you've done something wrong at them so that's why they're so mean to you."