8

"And it hurts, and it hurts so bad, our heart and lips say different things, must be hurtful" - Hurts by Shinwha

---------

Getting rejected was a horrible feeling. Not in the romantic kind of way, but in the apology kind of way. Although you could say Yangyang was beginning to feel desperate to redeem himself in her eyes. What had he screwed up on to make her push him away so aggressively?

The WayV members had all noticed this irregular, rather depressing version of Yangyang. This version never showed up unless there was something wrong with him when somebody had ruined his whole mood. They had elected Kun, the most and only sensible member to talk to him.

"Explain," He said simply as he walked strictly into the small room that Yangyang had been sitting mindlessly in for the entirety of his rare spare time for the last few days. Calmly, he settled in the chair across from Yangyang.

The younger shook his head stubbornly but a look at Kun's sharp glare convinced him to give out a bit, "It's about a girl."

"An orchestra player, I assume?" He received a reluctant nod from Yangyang, signifying for him to continue, "Details."

Accompanied by the soft drumming of Kun's fingernails against the table, he took a deep breath to begin the story of him and Dongmei. "I met- wait I don't know her name yet," He facepalmed as he realized the girl he had been thinking about was nameless in his mind, "Anyways, I met her at the bubble tea place when I lost the vote. Oh yeah she works at a bubble tea place. Anyways, we were in a rush, right? So I told her to make the drinks faster. After-"

"That was sort of stupid, not gonna lie."

 Yangyang stared at him with a confused expression imprinted on his face.

"Look, I know you were in a rush but I know you quite well. Your words probably didn't give off the intended vibe and that girl might be more sensitive than you think."

He nodded, realizing his first mistake in their relationship, "And then I tried to apologize."

 "How did it go? Oh wait- never mind it probably went badly. What did you say?"

Yangyang looked down at the floor from Kun's eyes, "Uh, I just sorta like pulled her to the side and apologized?"

"That's idiotic of you- Look, if you want to be genuine then you have to go out of your way to apologize. You can't just make it seem like you're just saying it just because you have to," Kun's mind was working as he spoke. The more he spoke, the more it made sense to him.

The younger idol was taking a bit of time to realize how and why he had screwed up the previous day. All he could do was make a simple response, "Ah- ok. I'll apologize better next time!"

Kun nodded, despite noticing the look of incomprehension that signaled the inability to process his words. In an almost silent manner, he moved towards the door and quietly closed it, leaving Yangyang to process the information and come up with a better idea.

Yangyang, what are you waiting for? Get your ass to the bubble tea shop and apologize.

And that was exactly what he did as he grabbed a mask and a cap to hide his identity, throwing himself off the chair he had settled in.

>>><<<

Dongmei ran in an attempt to reach the shop before her shift started. Not being particularly athletic, the one minute she had was barely enough to cross a road and run an entire length to the shop. And that was if she was lucky.

Heavily, she panted as she hit the shop, stopping herself to calmly walk in, pretending to have never run such a length in such a short time. Throwing on an apron, she tied her hair up. Her lesson had gone way over time and when she realized she had a shift, it was far too late.

Sweetly, she waved goodbye with a fake smile to the workers that were leaving. After that was to face the small line of desperate customers that had formed.

"Hello, welcome, what would you like today?"

 And that was her life for about 10 minutes before they were all taken care of and a familiar face appeared in the corner of her eye.

Yangyang, what's he up to here? 

It was lunchtime and there were hardly any customers. There was always a rush after lunch, not now. She assumed this would apply to Yangyang as well, but considering how he had shown up during her shift before as well, maybe he needed a drink again.

Oh god, don't rush me like last time again.

Trying to appear professional, she waved hello and he took a deep breath. He was nervous, she could tell from her eyes.

"Uh, hey," He paused as he glanced at her name tag.

Dong- me- i- Dongmei. Isn't that a Chinese name? Maybe she's Chinese, dunno.

"Dongmei," He carefully pronounced her name slowly before launching into a carefully planned apology that he had been orchestrating through his whole walk there.

"Well, uh. I'm sorry for being so impatient with you when I tried to get a drink that day. I'm sorry for being such a brat and trying to rush you when you clearly were trying your best. I was sort of rushed for schedule that day so...actually never mind, ignore the excuses."

Dongmei could accept the fact that he was at least trying this time but she had already stated she would never forgive him and she wasn't about to change that any time soon. She was stubborn like that.

"Thanks for trying, but no. Now, what would you like to order?" She pushed his apology aside, focusing on what she was supposed to be doing instead.

"Oh uh, a bubble- actually never mind. Thanks for giving me some of your time." 

----------

poor yangyang, getting rejected again ;-;