"Didn't he tell you he wanted space?" She asked giving me that look people give you when they are trying to make a point. I hate that look.

"I know, I have one more night with him and then he is moving in with his dad. But that doesn't mean I still don't want to keep him." I whined.

"Baby, you are so cute when you pout. But anyways, look I know you are head over heals in lust with this kid but if you push and act all clingy you will lose so toughin' up buttercup and let him do what he needs to be with you fully. If you don't then you will have nothing but issues in your relationship." She said I knew she was right but I just wanted him all to myself. Selfish I know but I don't care.

"I know and I will give him his time. I understand why he needs it and I know if we want to have a great relationship I need to let him do this but I don't have to like it. I can be grumpy about it when i am not with him." I said with a pout.

"If you say so, Grumpy." She said right before the teacher started class. Have I said how much I hate math? I really do.

I couldn't wait for lunch. Luc told me he would meet me there so I didn't go to his locker after my fourth hour. I knew he packed his lunch so I hurried through the food line and found my seat at our regular table. I couldn't eat though I just kept watching for him to walk in. When he did I felt myself smile. He did it. He made it all by himself. This was a big step for him and one of the things I knew he was working on.

"Hey, I think tomorrow I am going to try and buy my lunch." He said once he sat down and unpacked his lunch.

"Really, that's cool." I said when I really wanted to tell him how proud I was of him.

"You have a ride home after school, right." He asked.

"Yep, Brook is taking Lacey home and Landon and I are going out to find jobs." I said smiling at him. 

"Cool, I should be home by 10:15 or so. I will stop and eat on my way home." He said. I really love his voice. It was kind of squeaky in a manly way and raspy but I thought it was sexy as hell. I loved it even better when he moaned. He does that a lot in his sleep and let's just say I really, really love that sound.

"Are you nervous?" I asked.

"Not really, it's not like it's my first job." He said with a shrug.

"I know smart ass but you could still be nervous." I said laughing.

"Okay, so maybe a little because I don't remember the guy's name who is going to be training me." He said laughing. His laugh was more like a giggle and it was music to my ears.

"You said his name was Carter. So now what?" I asked all smug.

"Oh yeah, thanks. I feel a lot better now." He said and he looked a little more relaxed.

"Yeah guys, don't you two look so cute." Brook said sitting down across from us.

"What are you doing in this lunch?" I asked.

"Oh I wanted to come talk to you." She said.

"About?" I asked raising an eye brow.

"Cal's here." She said making my heart stop.

"What? Where?" I asked getting pissed.

"He was in the office getting his schedule. He and his family moved here last week. They found a house a couple miles from ours and right by where Luc and them are moving too." Brook said. She knew why Cal and I weren't friends anymore and so did Luc.

"Why here? Why now? And why did they move?" I asked.

"Mr. Owens got transferred too the same place mom did. She is his new boss." Brook said with a smile. Mr. Owens was my mom's boss back where we used to live so it was kind of funny that she was now his boss.