Chapter 8

So it's Friday and I am sitting in the cafeteria ready to kill Holden. Yesterday I made it half the lunch hour which I thought was super but Holden thought it wasn't good enough so now he is holding my hand so I couldn't run away. And our table is a little fuller then it was yesterday. There is bouncing blond that will not take her eyes off of Holden, the very scary dude that won't take his eyes off the blond and the little short dude that is giving me the creeps. He keep looking at me and then at Holden. Oh and then there is my sister and one of her friends Constance. 

"What are you doing this weekend?" Bouncy blond asked Holden.

"Well tomorrow I promised my mom I would help her finish unpacking. And Sunday I am hanging with Lucas." He said smiling at me. I gave him a small smile but then went back to eating my pre-made lunch.

"You work on Sunday don't you, Luc?" My sister asked.

"In the morning." I said frowning a little. Before nobody knew what I was doing or cared.

"I am going to come by and pick him up when he gets off." Holden said.

"Is that a good idea?" Lacey asked what I had been thinking since he told me what he was doing. All I could do is shrug to her question.

"I already know what the two of you are thinking because Landon had the same question and I made him tell me why and let's just not get into that right now but anyways I am okay with it." Holden said smiling at the two of us. 

"Are the two of you a couple?" Little short dude asked Holden and I.

"Nope, not yet." Holden said with a wink to me. What the hell? I just shook my head and tried to hide the blush.

"So what your gay?" Bouncy blond asked looking upset.

"Yep" Holden said smiling at her. I don't think he had a clue but scary guy did and the smile on his face was priceless. I smiled at him and nodded for him to comfort his friend he did with a wink to me. Awe young love.

"So tell me how does it feel to make it through your first lunch?" Holden asked just before the bell rang.

"Alright, I mean you broke bouncing blond's heart but made scary dude happy. Little dude I think he is creepy but likes you also. And it was weird finding out that Landon told you about what is going on at home. It seems to me that Lacey is truly trying to be my sister and I really like having you as a friend so if this is what I have to do then I guess it was alright." I said as we walked towards my locker.

"You got all that from one lunch?" he asked with a smirk.

"Well yeah, I guess I have had a long time to study people and when I am around a bunch of people that is what I do." I said.

"So Jarred likes Haylee and Mitch might be a closet gay. I would have never figured that out." He said laughing.

"Jarred is he the big scary dude?" I asked.

"Yeah"

"I think he might be friendly towards me because he winked at me when I nodded for him to comfort Haylee." I said.

"If you get a wink or a smile out of him you are golden." Holden said laughing harder.

"As long as he isn't on the bad side I like that he is on my side." I said.

"There are more people on your side then you think." Holden said taking my hand. He has been doing this a lot. I just let it happen at first I pulled away but now I go with the flow. When we turned the corner to go to our locker I felt a little bad because we almost walked right into Harvey. He saw our hands and took off looking a little hurt. Well fuck him.