Allison has trained them in the crossbow, but the only one really good at it is Lydia. Danny and Jackson can both shoot now with crossbow and gun, but the noises make them flinch, so they rather stick to hand-to-hand combat with knives and their own claws. The knives are coated with wolfsbane, and they will only use them if they are getting a disadvantage while fighting with a were. The handles are protected, so they don't burn themselves. Well, that's more for Danny than Jackson because Jackson can handle a lot of the wolfsbane. Yeah, they have tested it a little. Jackson agreed! So it was purely for research value.

Lydia can put glamors on herself now and is getting freakily good at sneaking up on everybody in the pack. During training, this is good because you can never let your guard down.

Stiles is getting stronger physically but also magically. The Nemeton is glad about his progress every time they visit. He feels a little like a little boy showing his report card to his grandparents, and they tell him that he has been a very smart boy. It's a lot of weird. But still, he feels very pleased about it.

Stiles still hasn't heard anything from Scott, which is getting a little worrying. He does know he's fine. His dad still talks with Melissa, even more since they told him that Melissa knows about the supernatural. His dad needed someone to vent to, and a grown-up and Stiles can understand that. And Melissa promised not to tell Scott about the pack until he would contact them so Stiles could explain it to him himself.

He's shaken out of his thoughts when his magic registers an intruder at the wards. The whole pack is at attention and ready to go. Stiles uses a couple of hand gestures, and they start the run towards where the intruder is. Lydia and Allison stay back to be a last line of defense, Lydia with a glamor and Allison with a gun or crossbow. They stay out of sight until being told by Stiles that they're needed.

Stiles follows his magic to where the ward is breached. While Danny and Jackson follow him, they let him know that it's a werewolf from what they hear and smell.

Stiles sees a man on his knees looking at the edge of the ward with a curious expression. He hasn't noticed Stiles, Danny, and Jackson yet.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" Stiles says, directly coming to the point.

The man startles and turns around with a snarl. His eyes flash blue, and Stiles can see in how the man is holding himself that he's almost feral. This is the first time they need to protect themselves since they have the wards. Because of the hours of training they have done, they know exactly what to expect from each other.

Without further words, the man flings himself at Stiles, Danny, and Jackson. But Jackson already anticipated him and intercepted. The man struggles, but Danny helps Jackson by holding him down.

Stiles hovers over the man while Jackson and Danny pin him to the ground. The man is trashing and snarls at them, but when Stiles flashes his eyes, it tethers off to pitiful whining. After the attack on Danny, he found out that he can make his eyes flash red like an Alpha. His eyes already flashed purple and green when he used magic, but red was new. He doesn't use it, but with a feral Omega, it feels needed.

"What are you doing here?"

"Hungry-food-" The man rasps out in a voice in which it's clear that it hasn't been used for some time. His clothes are hanging on his frame. He's dirty, his eyes are gaunt, and his blonde hair is clothed with mud and probably blood, at least that is what Stiles thinks.

Stiles flashes his eyes again, and the feral wolf whimpers. "What did you eat before you came here?" Stiles asks, using his Alpha voice to command the wolf, already suspecting that the wolf didn't only eat burgers or something.