Cloud and Sara rushed up the stairs as fast as they could. Once they reached the first floor, there was already a group of infantrymen.

Sara scoffed and drew her katana, "Out of my way, weaklings!"

In a flash, her figure blurred when Cloud watched her, and all the infantrymen died. Cloud kept on running up the next flight of stairs as Sara followed him even though Cloud promised her that he wouldn't tell anyone about Sara's inhuman strength and speed. He couldn't help himself from being suspicious of her. On the other hand, he was glad that she could clear the floors; they've gone up a lot faster, so they were making good time.

When they reached the fifth floor, the two of them spotted three grey phantoms hovering over something lying on the floor. Sara looked at what was on the ground, and her eyes widen in horror.

Sara gasped, "Biggs!"

She rushed over, Biggs eyes opened, and saw Sara and Cloud looking at him with worried looks. Cloud could tell from all the bruises; the bullet grazed wounds, and how Biggs held his stomach where it was bleeding a lot.

Yet despite all the severe wounds, Biggs gave out a smirk and laughed.

Biggs spoke in a hoarse voice, "You both made it...though...I might not."

Biggs hadn't fought this hard ever since he'd joined Avalanche. For the first time, he didn't think that he would see himself like this. Now that Biggs started to feel numb all around his body, it was hard enough to talk and let alone move. He then remembered his friend.

Biggs asked, "Hey, is Wedge..."

Cloud immediately answered, "Don't worry. He'll bounce back."

Biggs sighed in relief, "That's...good to hear. Could've used some extra padding myself."

Biggs started to cough up some blood. Sara grabbed his hand and shook her head.

Sara told him, "Don't talk; hang in there."

But Biggs continued despite being in so much pain, "It's...pretty bad up there." He then grabs Cloud's hand and looks at him in the eye, and pleads, "Cloud. Promise me, don't let it be for nothing."

Cloud nods and replies, "I won't."

Biggs smiles, "You're a good man. Giving me that...that comfort."

Biggs's hand slips out of Cloud's hand. He was already looking so tired. Sara scoffed, "You're not gonna leave me already, are you? You promised me a date, remember?"

Biggs let out a small laugh, "Ha! I'm sorry, but...I'm not sure if..."

Sara glared at him, "I hate men always having an excuse for everything. Don't let yourself go like this."

Biggs laughed, "You almost remind me of someone...I once mentored a while back at an orphanage called...The Leaf House. She was...always sweet but had a passion when it comes to believing in yourself."

Biggs tightens his grip that was in Sara's hand and looks at her with gentle eyes, "Stay strong...and don't ever forget...stay true...to yourself."

Sara's eyes widen in shock. She didn't know why. But for some reason, hearing those words gave her a sense of comfort. She didn't have any romantic thoughts for Biggs, yet the feeling was always mutual. However, seeing Biggs like this brought pain to her heart.

Biggs lifts his hand and gives a thumbs up, "Good luck...Cloud and Sara. Our future...is in your hands."

After that, Biggs closes his eyes and succumbed to his injuries.