Spying Insect

Hello!! Hopefully I'm as good with writing now as I was back then.
--------------------------------------------

Your eyes flutter open when you wake up next morning, sitting up in your bed as you hear bickering outside of the sleeping quarters. Being curious you quickly get dressed and put your hair up in a bun, readying yourself for a potential scolding.

"Did they find out..?"
You thought to yourself.

But you definitely would have awoken at the sound of someone opening your door and coming inside, so that seemed unlikely which calmed your nerves for the time being, slowly twisting the doorknob and taking a step outside. All eyes were on you now.

"Good morning, what's all of this for?"
You say as you motion towards the group of them in front of your door, Cassandra looks amused, Bela slightly cringing, and Daniela's face contorted to an irritated look when she sees you.

"Well well, look what we have here. A little maid caught with some naughty literature. Taking a look through Daniela's special collection?" Cassandra cackles as Daniela's face turns bright red. Then Cassandra suddenly disappears and flies swarm around you, and that's when it clicks.

They can somehow transform into a swarm of flies, one of them had caught you in the act last night while they were spying on you.

"What is this magic? Are you shapeshifters? That can't be real right..?" You say with a shaky voice.

"Yes and no, but that's not important right now." Bela says with a sigh, she looks tired and it seems like she was woken up abruptly by Daniela.

"I'm sorry, I thought I could borrow any books that were in the library. I mean that's what they're meant for." You say with a hint of annoyance and embarrassment on your tone while you try to make up some story for them to believe in. Hoping that your attempt to play dumb or ignorant will make the punishment less harsh despite Bela specifically telling you not to touch.

"Your apology means nothing to me, now don't let me catch you sneaking around with my belongings again or else..

Daniela leans in closer with a scrunched up face

..the consequences might be harsher than a mere scolding."

Daniela says as she turns to leave, but before the other two girls leave too, you notice Bela giving you a look, one with mixed emotions of mischief and excitement. Bela definitely seemed like you owed her for keeping quiet as you lied, and maybe that was the perfect opportunity for her to get what she wants...