"Are you going to design all the dresses for this wedding?" Yuna asks Yeji.

"Yes," replies Yeji confidently.

"Um..." Ryujin suddenly shifts in her seat and clears her throat. "Actually, I was thinking of getting someone else to design my dress."

"What?!" Yeji turns in her seat and stares at Ryujin in shock.

"Calm down," Ryujin says, patting Yeji's hand. "I want to surprise you. It won't be fun to have your spouse-to-be see you in your dress before the wedding. And they used to say that it's bad luck too."

"But but-..."

"And I don't want to overwork you. You're already working on four dresses including your own."

"I will have help! I just design them, someone else will sew them."

"It doesn't matter. It would only add to your stress. At least let us have a little element of surprise in the wedding?" Ryujin holds Yeji's hand. "I promise that you would approve of the design. You've given me plenty of suggestions and examples from the bridal magazines so trust me, okay? I will not appear in a clown suit and I will not wear any other color but white."

Yeji frowns. "I want to but I can't be at ease unless I know everything."

"That is why I'm letting you handle everything else but this," Ryujin says calmly, knowing her fiancée's perfectionist trait well. "Please?"

Yeji sighs then looks at Yuna and Chaeryeong. "Can you at least be my avatars or something? Check her dress, make sure it looks good on her? I trust your judgments. It has to be elegant, simple and tasteful."

"Why can't you trust me?" protests Ryujin.

"Because you own too many baggy t-shirts and worn pants."

"But you said you loved me despite all that!" Ryujin teased Yeji. "Fine, I'll let these two see the dress but they're not allowed to leak it to you," she says as she warns the two tall women. "Oh look. The entrée's here."

"I will accept your distraction attempt," Yeji says, knowing what Ryujin's doing. "But to make it even, I will not allow you to see my dress before the big day either."

"What? Why?!" exclaims Ryujin.

"You wanted a little element of surprise, right? Well, you got it."

Ryujin sighs then looks at Yuna and Chaeryeong. "Watch and learn. Relationships ain't easy."

Yuna just smiles. "We know, Unnie. We know."

———————

"Baby?" Yeji walks out of the bedroom to see Ryujin still sitting at her desk, working. "You still haven't showered? We need to get going."

"One minute," mumbles Ryujin, her eyes and focus are still on the computer screens in front of her.

"That's what you've been saying for the past hour. We need to get going. I don't want to get stuck in traffic."

"..."

"Jinnie, come on. I can't miss my flight."

"One more minute," replies Ryujin, her tone clearly showing her irritation.

Yeji heaves an annoyed sigh. "Fine. Stay home and work. I'll call a cab," she says as she goes into the bedroom to take her phone.

Ryujin turns her head when she hears that, feeling a bit guilty and surprised. "There is no need for that," she says loudly so Yeji can hear her. "I'm almost done. We'll make it on time."