III

there was no funeral.

although everyone mourned him, no one could quite bear to hold one.

it was too painful.

even if there was one chuuya couldn't have gone. he didn't think he could handle everyone acting as though they all loved him the entire time they had known him.

they would have all been lying when they said dazai was a great person, kind and caring, always considerate to others.

it just wasn't the truth.

chuuya saw that dazai was a prick. he was overbearing, and rude. he didn't care for many people, and he wasn't all that kind.

but to chuuya, he was worth the whole world.

chuuya didn't care about all of dazai's 'bad traits'. he loved all of dazai equally.

he loved his short dark brown wavy hair, that somehow never got messed up.
he loved his dark brown eyes, even though they always seemed to be planning, scheming.
he loved his mouth, despite all of the mean comments it made.
he loved his lips, their surprising softness was always welcome to chuuya.
chuuya loved his scars. his countless scars that littered his whole body. it was always clear that dazai mistreated himself, but chuuya didn't care.

he loved him. in fact, he will love him forever, no matter what.

chuuya was eager to see dazai again, but he waited. he waited until it was his time.