𝘝. 𝘍𝘰𝘰𝘭'𝘴 𝘌𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥

╔═════ °•

╔═════ °• .·:·. ♛ .·:·. •° ═════╗
FOOL'S ERRAND

"Everything you lose is a
step you take." —Taylor Swift
╚═════ °• .·:·. ♚ .·:·. •° ═════╝

"MORBIUS... we don't tell Athena anything about what we just discussed. Understood?" Ravonna Renslayer firmly informed the agent, emphasizing the last word clearly. The man softly nodded at the information he received, the less she knew the better. Nodding his head committedly, the woman silently dismissed him to leave her office. Glimpsing momentarily at the file on her desk before heading out to find Loki and Athena waiting for him.

Initially, the goddess was going to join them to capture Loki's variant but there were some last-minute changes. With the recent resurgence of two nexus beings, she was tasked with finding them. The Asgardian Prince sat on the bench while the Olympian Princess stood against a pillar directly across from him. Neither of them uttered a word yet his wandering stare wasn't left unnoticed. Since their last conversation, something was bothering her as if her subconscious was trying to remember anything.

Athena fidgeted with her bracelet calmly, gently biting her inner cheek as time moved painfully slow for her. Her eyes glanced everywhere but at Loki, her thoughts running as she hadn't been able to gain an inch of information since she arrived at the TVA. Purposely maintained her distance from him ever since the incident at the Renaissance Fair, however, her curiosity was starting to get the best of her. The God of Mischief must have known her based on his body language yet she had no recollection of him.

"We're on. We are doing some good work today." Morbius came out of the room, indicating the duo to follow him. Athena was the first to walk behind the agent while Loki was beside her, sensing his close proximity. She calmly ignored him as they eventually entered the changing room where other Hunters gathered nearby, preparing for the next mission. Athena was given a black business casual outfit to change into before the briefing, swiftly swapping into the new uniform.

"Athena, you'll be going on a different mission. Here... you can use these." Morbius announced firmly as he handed the woman her spear which she thought she would never see again. Graciously taking it with a tiny smile, twirling her weapon expertly out of habit before clicking it to the floor. Then it transfigured into a dagger and placed it on her shoulder holster, Loki glanced in surprise that she received her weapon while his was still confiscated.

"She isn't coming with us?" Loki interjected as his eyes gleamed with concern, he expected them to stick together. The God of Mischief devised a scheme that involved Athena yet it appears that it'll have to be later. However, it seemed like the TVA had other plans for the lovers, intentionally separating them from knowing too much.  

"Ravonna's orders, not mine." The agent stated firmly, indicating to the goddess where she should go for her next assignment. She walked past Morbius and Loki who gently gripped her right wrist, not uttering a word yet his facial expressions said everything for him. She managed to hold back a sharp breath and in that moment... his touch felt familiar.