𝘐𝘐. 𝘝𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘜𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘚𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘴

╔═════ °•

╔═════ °• .·:·. ♛ .·:·. •° ═════╗
VARIANTS AND UNEXPECTED SURPRISES

"I'd like to be my old self again
but I'm still trying to find it."
—Taylor Swift
╚═════ °• .·:·. ♚ .·:·. •° ═════╝

"WHY don't you take a seat and we can start from the beginning?" Morbius offered as he extended his hand, signaling at the empty chair placed opposite of him. The goddess who was silent the entire time arriving here, couldn't help but wonder why she was there. Athena continued to stand as her eyes stared into his if it was some elaborate trick yet all she saw was sincerity and seriousness. Contemplating her next move, she gradually stepped forward and sat on it before getting comfortable. Observing her surroundings, she placed her hand on the table, leaning towards the agent with a confused expression.

"Alright... So let me get this right. Is the TVA somewhat different from SHIELD? I know both try to maintain the balance of the universe while SHIELD does national and global security, what do you do?" Athena questioned, seeing some similarities between the two organizations. After all, she was an agent herself for over a decade while completing a mission. He leaned forward as he gave a soft smile, something the goddess thought was to calm her nerves.

"Prevent nexus events that could lead to a theoretical multiverse which causes a collapse of reality as we know it." He explained thoroughly, placing her file on the table. Noticing a picture clipped of herself, with some information that she couldn't read the words upside down. The peculiar thing was some lines were marked with dark ink to hide whatever it was.

"Theoretical? You mean it can happen if variants— such as myself, are not contained and reset. Sounds reasonable but skeptical why I've never heard of it before." Athena voiced her thoughts, deciding to focus on the man who watched her face. A chuckle erupted from his throat, recognizing she was the perceptive one in the relationship.

"That's because once we reset someone they don't remember. You know something, you're the first who's not responded sarcastically. No tricks, riddles, lies, just the truth." The agent commented, receiving an earnest expression on her facial features. She couldn't pinpoint what he was referring to, instead of taking the suggestion seriously.

"That's because I learned to have manners and know when it's appropriate to do so. However, may I ask for a small request?" She insisted, emphasizing the request part. The goddess remained tranquil to avoid stirring more trouble than necessary, even if she wished to return back to her baby daughter, Aurora.

"I don't see why not." Morbius insisted, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly at the question. She relaxed upon hearing his reply, leaning against the chair as she subconsciously touched the neck collar.

"Frankly this collar is rather tight and I was hoping—." Athena started to ask but the agent finally realized what she was referring to.

"To take it off." Morbius cut her off, she innocently nodded and patiently awaited his feedback. A short sigh was heard under his breath as he said, "Considering your track record and right now you have cooperated without resorting to violence, I suppose it's reasonable. You're just gonna have to promise you won't try to escape."