I'm back (15)

Back at headquarters: Sam POV

"Where are they. They should be back by now!" I shouted and slammed my fists on the table. It had been 7 hours since Kira and Charles were supposed to be back from their mission but there was no sign. Everyone was rushing around on my orders trying to get any clues as to where they might be but no luck.

"BOSS!! BOSS QUICK!!" I heard Ingris shout and I ran over to her desk to see a message on her computer screen. 'Hello Samantha.' I looked round  and every other computer had the same thing written across it. The words continued.

'You really thought you could get rid of me? Once you killed my man I knew it was time to get my revenge' I gasped and clutched my chest, realising what I had just gotten myself into. 'It's a real shame it has come to this, but I have to do what I have to do. As for your agents, don't worry, they are in the capable hands of my men. I have given them full permission to do as they please with that Miller fellow and oh yes, lets see, your new lover. Let's check up on them shall we.'

The screen went dark and then showed a video. Charles and Kira were being pushed into a concrete room. Both were nearly in tears but managing to somehow keep it professional.

The footage then cut to the pair lying on the hard floor being whipped furiously. Their screams echoed round our headquarters, sending shivers down everyone's spines.

The last clip shown was of Kira and a man but Charles was gone. The man angrily pinned Kira to the floor and got a red hot iron from a bucket off camera. I looked away with tears streaming down my face but I could tell from the agonising screams what happened next. I looked back to see the final message.

'That doesn't look to good. Don't worry I won't kill them just yet. You'll soon find out what I want in return for your lady friend. You brought this on yourself Samantha. I'm back.'

I burst into sobs. It was really him, the one person I had tried to desperately to stay away from. And he was right, I brought this on myself by killing his man. And now he was going to get revenge by killing Kira.

What had I done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah. Sorry readers but if you really thought this was going to be a happy book then you've clearly never read anything by me.