Chapter Six: Unknown Origins

Start from the beginning

"Who's there?" Moaning Myrtle asked, startled at the footsteps.

"Oh, hello Harry." She blushed.

"What do you want?"

"To ask you, how you died." He responded.

"It was dreadful. It happened right here in this very cubicle. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in." She explained.

"Who was it, Myrtle?" Harry interrupted.

"I don't know. I was distraught!" She yelled.

"But they said something funny, a kind of made-up language." She continued, floating over to the 4 boys.

"And I realized it was a boy, so I unlocked the door to tell him to go away and... I died." 

Myrtle tried to recall what had happened but gave up with a sigh of frustration. She pointed towards a sink, telling them she recalled seeing eyes there as she floated away. Y/N dragged his hand across the sink, inspecting it. Harry looked towards the tap, noticing a snake engraved into it.

"This is it. I think this is the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets." Harry said.

"Try saying something in Parseltongue." Ron suggested.

Harry looked towards Y/N who simply nodded. Harry focused on the sink and spoke words that Lockhart and Ron didn't understand. The sink quickly opened, the top of it raising towards the ceiling and separating from each other, revealing a hole in the middle of the floor. The four of them looked towards the hole, seeing no end to it.

"Excellent, Harry. Good work. Well, then, I'll just be-" Lockhart was then cut off by Y/N simply pushing him into the hole.

Ron and Harry looked towards Y/N, in shock of his actions but he just simply shrugged before jumping down after him. Ron and Harry's screams tore through the silence as they slid down the hole. Ron faceplanted down on the ground as Y/N caught Harry, helping him stand.

"Close your eyes at any sight of moment." Y/N reminded them, his voice as quiet as usual.

Ron pointed his wand at Lockhart as Harry and Y/N lead the way through the cave.

"What's this?" Ron questioned.

"It looks like a snake..." 

Harry went ahead, inspecting the snake skin as Lockhart fainted, falling to the ground dramatically. He then reached for Ron's wand, catching him off guard then pointing the wand at Y/N. 

"The adventure ends here, boys. But don't fret. The world will know our story. How I was too late to save the girl. How you three tragically lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body." He said, pointing the wand at all three boys.

"So... You first, L/N. Your eyes have always given me quite a fright. I'm sure the world won't miss you, as they congratulate me of getting rid of the monster." 

Y/N gritted his teeth, ready to behead the professor at the insult to his eyes when he suddenly remembered that Lockhart had Ron's broken wand. Y/N simply stared at the teacher, with his usual expressionless face.

"Obliviate!" He casted but the spell backfired, causing him to fly up and passing out.

Lockhart's crash caused the cave to cave in, rocks burst in from the ceiling, separating the four boys. 

"Harry! Y/N!" Ron yelled from the other side of the rocks.

Y/N helped Harry stand up as they rushed towards the rocks.

"Ron! Are you okay?" Harry yelled.

"I'm fine!" Ron replied as he went to deal with the now awakened Lockhart, knocking him in the head with a rock.

"What do I do now?" Ron yelled through a gap.

"Wait here, we'll find your sister." Y/N replied.

"Try to shift some of the rocks so Y/N and I can get back through!" Harry added.

Y/N and Harry went on further, Harry with his hand out and Y/N gripping onto his sword. Harry opened what seemed to be a snake door using Parseltongue. The two ventured on warily as they approached the chamber filled with snake statues. Harry and Y/N exchanged glances, nodding at each other as Y/N grabbed his sword, still in sheath, one hand on the hilt and the other on the sheath slightly parting them. They trudged forward, making sure to stay on guard. There they saw the body of a small girl laying on the ground.

"Ginny..." Harry whispered as the two boys ran towards her.

Harry dropped his wand beside her as he kneeled down, Y/N stayed guard, looking around the area.

"Ginny! Ginny, please don't be dead. Wake up, wake up. Please wake up." Harry exclaimed, slightly yelling at her unconscious body.

Y/N gripped his sword tighter as he noticed a young boy walk towards them.

"Harry." He called out getting his attention.

"She won't wake." The boy called out.

"Tom. Tom Riddle. What do you mean she won't wake?" Harry asked as the boy walked towards the three.

Y/N heard the ringing in his head, louder each time Tom walked closer, though this time, he managed to stay awake through it.

"She's still alive, but only just." He responded.

"Are you a ghost?" Harry asked.

"A memory. Preserved in a diary for 50 years." He responded, not paying any attention to Y/N he cast his eyes on Harry.

Y/N watching cautiously, gripping onto his sword, gritting his teeth, fighting the urge to pass out from the ringing in his head.

"She's cold as ice. Ginny, please don't be dead. Wake up." Harry whispered as Tom picked up Harry's wand.

"You've got to help me, Tom. There's a basilisk." Harry pleaded.

"It won't come until it's called." Tom replied.

Harry looked towards Tom, noticing his wand in Tom's hands.

"Give me my wand, Tom." Harry said, standing up.

Y/N took this chance to kneel down to the young girl, placing his sword on his waist, he grabbed her in his arms, trying to warm her up.

"You won't be needing it." Tom said to Harry.

"Listen, we've got to go. We've got to save her." Harry yelled with frustration in his voice.

"I'm afraid I can't do that Harry, you see-" He trailed off, looking towards Y/N who was on the floor, holding Ginny tight.

Tom looked at Y/N with amusement in his eyes before continuing.

"As poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger." Tom explained causing Y/N to hold Ginny tighter.

"Yes, Harry, it was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber of Secrets."