Chapter 22 - No Other Options

You have spent the entire day with Pietro, walking through the woodland surrounding the compound and venturing towards the outer boroughs of New York, but never stepping foot back into the city.

“Do you want to head back Y/N?” Pietro asks softly, as he watches staring at the New York skyline.

You feel the pain, the fear, the guilt, shame and anger all at once.

You’re frozen to that very spot on the hill, fixated on the New York skyline, suffering through flashbacks of the Chitauri coming through the wormhole in the sky.

Descending onto the very city you always loved. Destroying anything and everything in their path, mercilessly.

Hearing the screams of the New Yorkers and stampede of feet stomping, clacking and barricading through the streets, the crashes of vehicles barging into eachother, being turned, flipped and thrown over bridges, and the  smashes of buildings falling to the ground all echoing through your head.

Remembering how helpless you felt when you were knocked down, surrounded by theses brutal aliens, bombarding you. Only to be saved last minute, if it weren't for Tony you would of been dead.

He brought you there to help them. Then you were the one who needed help.

The guilt, the shame, and the fear of that day ripping through you. Coursing your veins, feeling it deep in your soul... every day. But it was amplified at the mere sight of the skyline that they came through.

You feel your powers being triggered, you clench both your hands into tight fists, digging your nails into your skin, breaking through and causing your palms to bleed.

Pietro notices your whole body tense up.

He stands in front of you and sees your eyes flickering, instantly noticing the rocks and dirt rising into the air and immediately dropping all around you, short sharp gusts of wind causes the trees to rustle.

Visualising the internal battle you were having. The struggle. The pain. The torture.

He tries to shake you, nothing.

He grabs your face but your eyes are so fixed that you see right through him.

“Y/N! Y/N, you’re safe darling, it’s over. Long gone. HEY!” Pietro is on the verge of tears from worry.

He looks around and sees rocks and dirt are getting higher and higher and levitating for longer periods of time.

You know he’s there, you’re scared for him, but you can’t let go of the memories taking hold of you.

“Get out of here Pietro, ple-“ your panic for Pietro brings on stronger winds.

“Please, I can’t hurt you.” You softly plea with your best friend.

“Shit!” Pietro looks around and has an idea.

Leaving you in that spot, he speeds back to the compound.

“BUCKY, TONY NOW, IT’S Y/N”.

No sooner had Pietro said that, Tony was in his suit and grabbed hold of Bucky to follow Pietro.

They rush to you and Bucky stops the second he sees you, worry filling him, Tony acts calm as he approaches you from behind.

“Hey sport, you can let go now. We got them. They can’t hurt you anymore”.

He cautiously steps forward and places a hand on your shoulder. The shock made you jump and caused you to wipe out a line of trees by controlling the soil they were planted in.

“Pops, get out of here” you beg.

Tony turns to Bucky with a look that made Bucky’s stomach drop.

Desperation.

Bucky slowly walks in front of you. Your eyes focused on him for a split second, which he noticed, he looked at Tony and gave a slight nod. He took a step closer, and closer.

You shook your head. “Don’t. Please James. Please I don’t want to…” your eyes turn grey causing a gail force wind, which all the boys fight against. “Hurt you”.

You voice breaks and a single tear falls down your face.

He composes himself after being blown to the left slightly. He gives you a sympathetic look.

Lifting his hand up to gently wipe the tear from your face. The gentle touch brings you back to focus on him, you lose your connection and any earth in the air comes crashing down, leaving the woodland looking like it was being harvested.

You drop your head and lean into his touch, letting out a soft sob. Instantly he wraps his hand around the back of your neck and pulls you into him, you bury yourself into his embrace and break down, letting the tears stream down your face.

“It hurts, i can’t forget. Why can’t I forget it” you cry out in a deafening scream.

You drop to the floor, with Bucky still holding onto you. You can feel him stroking your hair, then you remember.

Tony.

Pietro.

You raise your head, breathing stopped thinking you had hurt them, until you see them both looking at you, you look up at Bucky, who has already let you go, knowing you needed to go to them.

You get up and sprint to Pietro, throwing yourself at him. Wrapping your arms around his neck and pulling him as close as you could get him. Pietro returned the hug to the same need.

“I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry Pietro.” You’re shaking and sobbing into his neck. You feel him rub your back and he plants a kiss to your cheek.

“You’ve got nothing to apologise for my darling, I’m just glad you’re okay. Now go see your pops” he pushes you away lightly to encourage you.

You pull away, look at Tony, who’s eyes are filled with fear, desperation and a hint of relief, but pooling with tears.

You dip your head and tuck some hair behind your ear, as you slowly walk toward him. He meets you halfway, stopping in front of you he holds your face in his hands and once he sees your eyes are back to normal. He pulls you into him and lets the breath out he was holding.

He strokes your hair and you feel him move a hand to his mouth to cover a sob that left his lips. As he finally lets the tears fall.

You hug into each other tightly and you finally start to calm down, feeling safe, secure and comforted by the three most important men in your life.

Tony loosens his grip and moves his hands to your upper arms pushing you off him to face him.

“You’re not going to like what I’m about to say, but you’ve got no choice in the matter” Tony speaks sternly, still croaky from crying.

You knew where this was going “no, Tony, please no. Anything, literally ANYTHING else” you plead.

Bucky and Pietro look at each other confused. “What?” They both ask in unison.

“You’re really going to make me do this?” You question, disheartened.

“Yes, you need to and you know you do” Tony confirms back to you.

“Can one of you explain?” Bucky asks, with an obvious tone of annoyance.

“Tony you called”

Everyone turns and see Strange stood proudly and confidently in one of his portals.

Bucky instantly turns back to Tony and gives him his signature stares.

“Well this should be interesting” Pietro says to himself, but loud enough for everyone else to hear.