Wait- huh? | Ganyu x GN!reader

sorry i've been gone so long!

take whatever this is
_____________________________

The blue haired girl had recently had you on her mind. A lot.
To the point where it would annoy her.

Doing her daily tasks had been painful to try and tear her mind away from you.
Mundane things that involved you, suddenly weren't so boring anymore.
She just didn't get it.
"Why are they- tch, Always on my mind! I mean.. we're only friends- I don't get it!" She ranted to Keqing, her friend.
"Well, you know, maybe you see them as more than just a friend" she smiled devilishy at Ganyu.
"No! No no no, it's not like that at all!.. I don't think.. I mean we've only known each other for a few months and it's not like we've ever done anything like that- I just am fascinated by them." she hummed to herself, trying to figure out why you of all people could be bothering her this much.
"I think, you should go ask them about it. I mean maybe they like you back-" Keqing teased her.
"ITS NOT LIKE THAT! But maybe you're right.. I think i will talk to them."

And so she did.
After finding the courage to walk up to you when she wasn't so busy, she confronted you about her current problem.
"Oh! Hey, (Y/N) do you have a moment?" She trotted towards you after catching a glimpse of you from the corner of her eye.
"Oh, hey Ganyu, what's up?" you replied to her.
"Oh well a lot actually. A lot. I've had a lot on my mind, well actually not a lot. It's mainly just been one topic that's stuck. And I just can't seem to find a way out of it." She ranted for a moment.
"Uh okay, and what would that topic be? Can I help with it in any way?" you asked her.
"Well I think you can. I've had you stuck on my mind all week! I just can't seem to get you out of my head." she told you finally, getting a bit of weight off her chest.

You blushed before slowly replying,
"Well- uhm, I'm flattered. But what exactly do you mean I've been stuck on your mind?"
"Oh well like you know, just imagining us doing dumb stuff like.. you know" she slowed down her speech at the end, getting a bit embarrassed.

You were flustered that the cute girl in front of you had the guts to spill it all out.

"Well, i don't know anything about that stuff- but what I do know is that i can take you out to dinner?" you smirked, trying to get a response out of her.
"Oh that sounds lovely, but I've got a lot of work to do at the office that needs to be done today- and I can't just leave Keqing to do it all by herself. Maybe I could take you up on that offer tomo-" she stopped speaking at the movement of you picking up her hand.

"Come onnn Ganyu, i mean when are you ever going to get the opportunity to go out if you never let yourself? You should just come with me and worry about it tomorrow." you pleased with her to join you.
She looked over at your eyes and huffed.
"Fine. But please allow me to at least pay?"
"Nope." you smiled back at her.

time skip brought to you by me

After dragging Ganyu to Wangshu Inn, far enough so she wouldn't have the excuse to leave back to work after, you sat her down at a table and waited for her to order.
The waitress had walked up to your table and asked her what she wanted.
"I would like some chicken tofu pudding and some golden shrimp balls. Are you sure I cannot pay (Y/N)?" she looked over at you.

You shook your head no, and then ordered for yourself.
"I would like some Golden fried chicken and Jade parcels. Can we also get some Jewelry soup to share?"
"Yep! That's perfectly fine." The chipper waitress scribbled down your orders and then sent them off to Smiley Yanxiao.

After waiting about 20 minutes, the food arrived and you both enjoyed your meals.
You finished your meal first, and you rested both your arms on the table, setting your head in your hands.
"Sooooo, Ganyu, what is it that do you like about me?" you smirked over at her.
She choked a bit on her food, "I- uhm, I well-" she stuttered over her words.
After wiping her mouth clean, "Well, I think you're kind, and you've been a load of help to all of Liyue, and I think you're just, uhm, you know, yea" she finished.

"Oh i'm sorry can you repeat that last part? I don't think i heard you-" you teased her once more.
She turned her head from you and went back to eating. "Oh you, you know exactly what i'm talking about." she huffed with a bit of food in her mouth.
You giggled at the child like reaction you normally wouldn't get out of the girl.

Once she had finished eating her meal, you paid the waitress a fine tip and the rest of your meal and walked off with Ganyu.
She told you about her job and how people have been trying to make her take a break but she doesn't want to and other things that were on her mind while you listened to her banter.

She rambled on until you reached a pond all the way out in Wuwang hill. The walk wasn't too bad having the girl entertain you on the way with her stories about the adepti and town business.
She sat down at the edge of it and took off her shoes before dipping her feet into the lake.
She looked up and made a 'please join me?' face that you couldn't resist.
You did as she said and took your shoes off, setting them to the side and dipping your toes into the pond as well.

"Sorry for rambling on, there's just so much i wanna tell you and it feels like i'll never have enough time" she apologized.
"Ganyu, it's fine. I like hearing about you and what you do, it makes me happy" you smiled at her and she blushed.

After she settled down you began telling her about what you've been up to.
"Recently i've been exploring Inazuma. It's been quite the experience. I'm meeting new people and some have even offered to join me on my quest. It's great to hang out with new people, but to be honest most times i'd rather spend it with you just talking and relaxing."

She took a minute to process her response,
"You do know inazuma can be quite dangerous. I hope you're being safe.. then again you are quite strong. Well, in case you ever need to talk i'm here" she smiled at you with what almost seemed to be a relieved look on her face.

After a silent moment, she flopped down on her back looking up at the sky, which was filled with stars and constellations.
She pointed her hand to the sky before telling you, "That's orion. You can see the stars lining up to make his belt, then his legs and arms, and the rest of him. And if you look over there to your right there's the little dipper. It's kinda hard to see that one right now but in a couple of hours it'll be more visible." she took a breath.

You leaned back to gaze up with her and watched her hand as it traveled across the sky like an all knowing compas.
She spoke more about the constellations, and about the current one, the zodiac sign for Leo, the lion of August.
You silently watched her as she told you oh-so passionately about something you didn't even know she was interested in.

Once she finished telling you about how moon signs and star signs were different, she glanced at you with what seemed to be a tinted blush spread across her face, but you couldn't tell because of how dark it was.
She pulled her hand down from the sky and rested it on her stomach, only to soon roll it off and lay next to yours.

You took the sly chance of the closeness of hands to grab hers and intertwine your fingers together, making her blush again.

"It's nice to have someone to talk to.. being able to trust them without a doubt." she looked back at you and nodded.
"I'm glad you're comfortable with talking to me, i could listen to you talk about these things for hours and never loose interest." you rolled over onto your side and faced towards her.

She blushed at this comment and buried her face in her non-occupied hand.
Looking back up at you, she giggled before looking back up at the sky,
"Yea, I think I could get used to this."
________________________________

am i the only one who thinks ganyu would be into astrology??

anyways
i'm sorry for not posting in so long don't bully me 😩
more updates coming soon i s w e a r

next up:
Yoimiya x GN!reader