Don't worry, my treat | Childe x GN!reader

No one asked for this but it's here
_____________________________

Walking along the Harbor, on your way to the funeral parlor to take Zhongli out to go shopping. He had convinced you to pay for him since Childe, his personal wallet, had been out of town for the week and he needed food and such. You waited outside for a couple of minutes for him to get off work, before he came out the door. "Took you long enough," you said, crossing your arms.
"I can't just leave whenever I wanted to, or else I would've come already." He said, looking over at you. "Fine fine, wherever, where did you want to eat?" You ask him, sighing and staring to walk off.
"I was thinking the Xinyue Kiosk, they have really good food."
He said, licking his lips as if he'd already aten.
"Really?! You picked the most expensive place to eat in Liyue? Damn you and your fancy lifestyle" you say, crossing your arms again, and heading in that direction anyways. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! We can pick something else if you want to" he offered, but you already knew that any of the places you suggested wouldn't be good enough for him. "Whatever, it's fine, come on already."
You both walked into the restaurant and after a bit got seated. You looked at the menu and chose what you wanted, then looked over at Zhongli who was now ordering. "Ah yes, I would some Osmanthus wine along with Golden fried Shrimp and some Almond tofu, may I also get some red bolognese with a few Mushroom Skewers. Please and thank you." You looked at him in shock, choking on your words, "I- you're planning on eating that much?!? Do you know how much that'd all cost? What do you think I am? A money machine?!" You exclaim, wailing your arms around to express yourself. He looked back down at the menu and paused for a second.
"Ah, actually you're right I am forgetting something. Some black-back perch stew to go with that too please." He said calmly, fixing his collar. You looked at him, trying to figure out how much that would cost. "10,000... 700.. 64...?" You feel a bit dizzy but your lucky friend looks over at you, "Do not worry about the price for right now, let us enjoy the meal" he smiled. The waiter had already walked away and came back with the drinks by now. You took a sip of yours, hands shaking a bit and agreed with Zhongli. "Yea.. later.."
After finishing the food the waiter finally comes back with the bill, "That'll be 12,897 mora please" you pull your wallet out, looking inside, "I could pay for 10,000, b-but 12k? What- oh god" your start freaking out over the price and how to bring it up that you don't quite have enough Mora. Though you couldn't not pay for it, Zhongli did eat all the food like he said. You search your bag for any spare mora lying there and found nothing, panic. You're now stuttering over your own words, "I- sir, please- let me explain, I HAVE 12,000 but- I, uhm, not- I don't- I can't-" you feel a pair of arms rest on your shoulders and look up to see Childe resting there, head in his hands smiling at you stuttering. You turn around and jump back, surprised for the sudden greeting, "I didn't expect you to be back so early- what're you doing here?" You run up to him and give him a hug. He's surprised by the sudden affection, but hugs you and pats your head,
"I'm here to pay for your bill, of course. You should've known better than to take Zhongli out for dinner, he knows nothing about mora." You look back and see Zhongli sitting there, clueless to how much mora he just spent on one meal. You look back at Childe, "I'd feel bad if you paid it though, it was my idea to take care of him while you were gone, after all." He chuckles and pats your head again, "how long did you think I'd be gone? I couldn't leave my precious partner by themself for a week" he said, winking at you. You blush and turn your head. "I'll pay it back once I have enough" you speak, still a bit embarrassed. He laughs again, "you're fine, no need to push yourself" you look back at him and glare for a second, before softening up. "I can take care of myself, you know" he looks at you, "I'm sure you can, but what kind of man would I be if I didn't protect my date?" You stutter, trying to figure out what to say to that- blushing like a mad man. He pokes you and says, alright now, 12k you said it was?" You nod your head and he hands over the mora to the waiter, who then walks off and goes back to whatever he was going beforehand. You three walk out of the restaurant and go sit on a bench outside. Soon after Zhongli says he has somewhere to be and left the two of you alone. Childe scooted closer to you on the bench and pulled you onto his lap, "what- what're you doing?" You asked, startled and blushed a bit. He rested his head in the crook of your neck, "I missed you" he said closing his eyes.
"It's only been a couple of days since you last saw me-" you told him. "Yeah well, it was a long time, so I don't care" you sigh and give in, leaning on him as well.
"Thank you" you told him.
"Anything for you, my love"
________________________________

Cringe but cute