Dignity in Death S2 E9

Start from the beginning

"Bastet," I read from the book. "A monster of nightmare that inhabits the twilight world between the living and the dead."

Gaius nodded at my answer before he leant over to Merlin.

"Merlin, I want the truth. Did you release the Druid girl from the cage?" Gaius asked.

"Of course not," Merlin defended.

"There was a time when you thought twice about lying to me," Gaius commented.

"That makes the two of us," I muttered to myself, skim reading the book.

"I did what was right," Merlin said.

"You know the creature and the girl are one and the same," Gaius told him.

"You're wrong. Freya is just a girl," Merlin insisted.

"I guess it's nice to put a name to a face," I murmured sarcastically, making Gaius look over at me in confusion but Merlin just stared at me silently.

"Merlin, please think about what we're saying. You know it is the truth. Where is she now?" Gaius asked.

"No," Merlin shook his head.

"She's already killed four innocent people, Merlin and she's going to do it again," I reminded him angrily.

"I know she can't stop herself, but Chelsea is right, she will do it again," Gaius added.

"Please, Gaius," Merlin said, and just those few words had enough affect on me to make me get up from my seat and head towards the door. "Where are you going?"

"To my father," I told him without looking back.

"I'm begging you, Chelsea. Just give me time to get her out of the city," Merlin begged.

"I can't let more innocent people die," I answered.

"Chelsea," Merlin said, and I felt his hand on my wrist. "I know you're angry at me for some absurd reason but please don't take that anger out on her. Please."

"Take you hand off of me or you will lose it," I warned him, tugging my arm from his grasp. "Even if you got her out of the city, innocent people in other cities would be killed. She's a curse on this land, Merlin. I have no choice."

I started to walk off again.

"There is always a choice!" Merlin called after me.

I ignored his comment and continued walking toward the hall where I knew my father would be. I could hear the sound of Gaius following after me.

"Chelsea," Gaius said, rushing to try and keep up with me.

"You can't change my mind. I meant what I said. I won't let people die," I told Gaius.

"I'm not trying to change your mind. If you weren't going to go to Uther then I was going to but Arthur told me what happened yesterday between you and your father," Gaius said, making me hesitate and look over at him. "Perhaps it would be best if I told him. Your father may not believe you."

I stopped entirely and looked straight at Gaius. Thinking over what he said, I slowly nodded.

"Ok," I agreed. I went to leave Gaius but he placed a hand on my shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

"I have a feeling I know what happened between you and Merlin, and if what I think is right, I am sure that you two will get past this. Every couple has their arguments, warranted and not. But listen to me carefully, my dear. Do not let whatever you think Merlin did fill you with such anger," Gaius said, and I went to interrupt him but he gave my arm another squeeze. "The anger you are feeling inside will consume you if you let it and it could make you make decisions you don't want to make. Control it, Chelsea. I don't want anyone else getting hurt."