FINAL CHAPTER- Again

Börja om från början

I hurriedly but carefully removed my attire, setting it aside neatly while I put on my regular clothes. I quickly slid on my Ray-Bans and went out while I saw Bush still stunned by my sudden change of attitude.

"The costume is there inside. I placed it there nicely so you won't have a hard time fixing it," I mumbled lowly and slid both my hands inside my pocket. "Nice job, I'll see you tomorrow," I walked away and gave him a light pat on the back.

The dancers thought that we would already resume rehearsals as they simultaneously stood up but I kept my pace and grabbed the handle of the wooden studio door. This space is too congested to process the information I just gathered.

I stepped out of the building and the fresh air immediately cooled my heated body. The crisp wind opened out my lungs as I inhaled deeply. The sun is beginning to set but the ranch is very much alive because of the birds and butterflies fluttering around the trees and flowerbeds.

The surroundings made my mind and body at peace, and the once violent sea soothe the unexpected storm in my heart.

Now, knowing that she's here after she disappeared and went away for how many years gave me the only opportunity to correct my mistake. Knowing that she will just be in arms reach gave me hope that I can somehow take back the fault that made us both miserable.

As the sun continues to set, its streaks of light framed the beautiful curves of the mountains and the leaves of the trees became the perfect buffer to create a magical scenery around the whole ranch.

I remember the first time she surprised me with an apple pie on my birthday. Even though I barely knew her and she barely knew me, she had this heart to offer her kindness that changed my life.

I wasn't aware that when she handed out her gift, I was ready to accept my place in her world and embrace the affection I had long desired, even though I had been blind to it for a few times before I began to understand the significance of it. But what I failed to do is ask her if she's ready to be in my life.

Remembering those times and realizing where we are today brings sorrow to my heart. And even if I did protect her from the life that is full of malicious threats and tabloid trash, I know in my core that we were both crestfallen.

It's a risk I had to make for her to be safe, both in health and in mind, but it was the risk that separated us that I regretted every waking day.

She's near yet she's still so far and there's a big possibility that her heart is still in a rage, but I just hope that she still remembers that my heart still belongs to her.

---

AMELIA

My alarm clock blared across the whole hotel room as it continuously rang in repetition. Being a night owl, I struggled to open my eyes and just felt through the items near my bed in hopes of turning off the annoying sound.

As I felt that piece of rectangular plastic, I banged my hand over it again and again until I can get to silence the creature ruining my slumber. I fell on my back, my face facing up the ceiling as the tiny rays of California sun peek through the windows. It fell perfectly on my face, causing me to squint as it uncomfortably shone directly onto my eyes.

I slowly opened my lids, one by one, trying with all my might to pry them open. I knew that pulling another all-nighter would be consequential, and having just four hours of sleep wasn't fulfilling either.

When I got to open them, I quickly scanned my surroundings to see if there is anything significant. All I saw were papers scattered on the desk, fabric swatches and materials on the floors, and some business cards of suppliers that I have to contact. One mug of tea was on the floor while another mug was on the table beside the unruly stack of papers.