FINAL CHAPTER- Again

Start from the beginning

I stepped out of the divider and approached him while he's holding the sash and the other pieces. "Rosalyn's not available?" I asked him.

"I'm surprised that you still remember her," he commented and I playfully slapped his arm. "Rosalyn was the one who recommended the company that worked with us. Even though they're based in New York, they were willing to fly here to finish the task," he explained.

"That's great! Are they going to be there tomorrow? I wanna give my personal thanks," I replied while he clasps the decorative shield around my torso.

"Well, she just went here alone. The head of their company was unable to fly here because of her other plans,"

"She?"

"Yeah. Ms. Johnson was kind enough to lend her personal assistance. You're one of her biggest clients as of date,"

"Ms. Johnson?" I asked as my heart pumped faster, thinking of the one person with the same name.

"Did you suddenly become deaf? Yes, it's Ms. Johnson. It's a good thing that she's willing to go back here despite her busy schedule," he said as his eyes scattered around the pieces of clothing on me.

"Go back? Has she work here before?" I questioned while I face the mirror, looking back at my baffled self.

"She was an architect before she went to New York," he mumbled and ended up staring at his reflection. "Well, that's what she told me," he said and shrugged.

My heart that was sitting on the ship despondently started to rock back and forth as the storm I didn't expect began to create havoc. The little clues began to make sense as the feeling of nervousness and apprehension began to cloud my mind.

"Do you happen to know her full name?" I asked in anticipation and anxiety.

"Ms. Johnson? Hold on, I think I have her business card," he said as reaches for his pocket and fishes out a small piece of card. "Here," then hands it to me.

The dark and foggy sky became crystal clear once I read the name on that piece of paper. The name of the person I longed, wish and yearn to see and hold again.

Amelia Johnson
Assistant Set Designer
Rodrigo & Co.
555-3911

My body suddenly froze and my hands ran cold. Beads of sweat magically appeared on my forehead and the surroundings became a blur. The only clear thing is her name in black and white. I tried to open my mouth and speak but no words wanted to come out.

"You said that she's coming tomorrow right?" I uttered lowly, almost coming out as a whisper.

"Well, she has to. She's in charge of bringing the props and the installation of the backdrops," he replied as he inspects the whole ensemble I'm wearing in the mirror. My eyes never left the card and I realize I haven't said anything back.

"Is there something wrong?" he whispered and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"No, no," I said. "Everything is fine. I'm fine,"

The long sleeves became suffocating in an instant, constricting all the air I could inhale. I tried breathing deeply because I thought it would help but the only way to relieve the pressure in my chest is to remove all of this clothing.

"Could you remove this piece, please? I don't want to ruin it," I said but my mind is already racing with all the possibilities that might occur once I see her face again. "Hurry, Bush," I commanded as he looked at me with bewildered eyes. He scrambles, taking off the chest piece and I ran as quickly as I could behind the cloth divider.