"Sister?....are you perhaps...Alex? Is that you?"

She nods excitedly.

"How?....You.....you died....I saw you get buried in front of my eyes...."

My eyes become clouded upon reuniting with my elder sister whom I thought I had lost forever. Though right now, she was my younger sister but regardless of that, I was surprised and happy that I bet one or two drops escaped my eyes down my cheek.

"Yeah and then I came here!"

"That....I still can't believe it...."

She softly gazes at me and then pulls me into a hug under her tiny chubby arms and gently adds,

".....Sorry. I'm sorry you had to carry all the burden by yourself.....all these years. I am sorry for breaking our promise and leaving you so soon. Please forgive me for leaving you alone."

"....It's not your fault."

"Still I feel like I should apologise. You must have suffered so much."

"As if. I was so happy. It was finally quiet...with no one bothering me.....mom and dad weren't there....you weren't there....I...."

I couldn't speak properly as I burst out crying. Trying hard to continue but my feelings got the better of me and I broke down.

"There....there.."

She pats my head gently.

"I was so lonely!"

"...I know...."

If anyone saw us they would find it weird that a five year old was comforting her crying twenty year sister. But they don't know that this five year old is my elder sister. I am so relieved to see her. Even if this is not her body. But the mere fact that this is Alex and I am talking to is a far more blessing and happy moment than one could imagine.

After I let it all out, I sniffled and inquired,

"When did you read the book?"

"I read it at campus. It was in the library."

"You were in the library? Wasn't that a forbidden place for you?"

"Shut up. I did go there sometimes."

"To sleep?"

"...no. You remember that the librarian would kick us out if we slept there."

"Then?"

"Why are you so curious about it? That life is long gone."

I continue to stare at her blankly, wanting her to answer.

"Okay fine.....Ryan would be there...."

"Oh...spying on your secret crush."

I snickered as she flushed and rolled her eyes,

"It wasn't like that! Anyhow, focus! I can't believe you're still the same."

I giggle at her response while she adds,

"I read the book over there but I only read the first page."

I laugh and retort,

"As expected of you. At least I made it till much farther in the story."

"Whatever. Do you know how we got here? I just assumed this was our second life. You know, life after death."

"I am not exactly sure. We are all going to gather tomorrow to figure it out. You should come with us."