Chapter 10: June 16 2020

Tyler's POV

Today's the day. It's been almost 6 years since I meant Quest at that bar. I'm getting married today to the woman that I love with all my heart. I'm standing in the chapel making sure everything's set up how it's supposed to be. I'm so nervous. Quest is probably way more nervous then I am. She has no reason though because she's beautiful. I go to the basement and find all the bachelors hanging out and drinking a beer each. Someone hands me one and I take a sip. There's a knock at the door and the ring bearer comes in holding a note. "Its from Quest." He says handing it to me. "Thanks Jimmy." He nods and walks over by the door and leans against the wall.

I open the letter. "Tyler. I invited Fred and Letter at the last minute. they might not come. I felt like you need to talk to him. ~Love Quest" "Jimmy do you have a piece of paper?" He shakes his head. I'm starting to think this kids mute. I flip the paper over and write "How did you talk to them? I think Fred would have gotten arrested by now. ~Love Tyler" I fold the paper and hand it to Jimmy. He disappears up the stairs.

He comes back down a few minutes later and hands me a new piece of paper. "Don't worry about it. Letter sounded like they won't come. It was just a suggestion. ~Love Quest." I fold the paper and shove it into my pocket. "No reply." I say to Jimmy and he runs back upstairs.

"Alright guys, I would like to make a toast before we start." Yells Craig one of my best-friends from High School. The noise in the room dies down to listen to Craig. "To Tyler and Quest!"

I stand in front of everyone in the chapel. Music starts and the Flower Girl and Jimmy walk in. The flower girl, Elizabeth is Quest's cousin and she looks almost as nervous as I feel. The bridesmaids walk in and everyone gets quiet because they know what's coming next- the most beautiful girl here, Quest. The music changes and everyone stands up. The two doors open and Quest walks slowly next to her dad. When the get in front of me they stop and her dad kisses her cheek. "You look gorgeous!" I whisper. "You're looking pretty dapper yourself, Mister." she whispers back.

"You may now kiss the bride." I hear him say. Nows my moment. I kiss her and its the best kiss I've ever felt. Everyone claps.

"I didn't see Fred, only Letter. I wonder if they broke up." Quest says concerned. "Oh well! What does it matter?" I say, trying to hide the pain of not having Fred there. "Quest! Tyler! I have to tell you something!" A woman shouts frantically. We turn around to see Letter running at us. "It's about Fred. He got arrested last night for DWI." She says out of breath. "What? Seriously? I wouldn't have guessed. Fred never drank." I say confused. "Well. Say that to the trial that's happening in 2 days. Apparently someone was driving behind him and he was swerving and so they called the cops and arrested him." She says angrily. "But the thing is, I went and saw Fred this morning and he says that he can't remember the cop reading his Miranda rights, so technically he's not guilty. But they don't know of the cop read them or not." Quest gives a questioning look to me and I sigh. Were leaving for our honeymoon in 2 days, so we can't be there. "We'll figure it out."