Just as he pulls out a lighter and he's about to set fire to her corpse he hears a familiar voice calling out to him. Turning around he sees Gabriel walking towards the plantation house. Confused and suspicious, he follows him. Inside, Gabriel plays the keys of the burnt up piano and Klaus approaches him. Gabriel looks genuinely happy. "You seem troubled. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were worried."

Klaus narrows his eyes. "What has she done to you Gabriel?"

"A thousand years of murder and mayhem, and Mother believes she can still save our souls. She wants to talk. Perhaps we should listen?" Gabriel looks to him with a pointed yet friendly glance.

Klaus smiles for a moment but it quickly turns into an angry scowl as he picks up a piece of wrecked furniture. "ENOUGH!" The furniture only passes right through Gabriel, revealing to him it was just an illusion. "The petty illusions, Esther! Where is Gabriel? And what have you done to Elijah?"

Esther in Lenore's body appears behind him. "He's preoccupied at the moment. I'm helping him find his way. But, not to worry, I'll return him to you. All I ask is that you hear me out. As for Elijah, the same thing goes for him, he will wake up soon."

"You expect me to sit through a sermon of your lies?" Klaus growls.

"I have lied in the past, to my shame. But, I'm going to tell you the truth. I'm in the process of making Gabriel and Elijah into the men they were meant to be. And, I intend to do the same for you. This plantation, ruined by fire. How sad, not to mention symbolic. After all you never intended to build a true home here. Even as Hayley carried your child, as Rebekah, Gabriel, and Elijah sought to defend you, your thoughts were focused on only your conquest of the Quarter. Tell me, how did that go?" Esther gestures to the burnt house around her.

He sarcastically chuckles. "I'm sorry. Is this some sort of motherly critique? Please feel free to choke on it."

"I mention your failures only to make a point, my dear. You've endured several lifetimes of misery, never mind the suffering you've caused others, even to your own blood. You yourself remain trapped in a perpetual state of despair. I have come to offer you a means to escape that cycle." She looks to him hopefully.

"And that's about all the hypocrisy I can take. I suggest you give me my big brother before I get angry." He points a finger at her.

She tsks. "Such hatred. It breaks my heart to see you like this. The boy I loved."

Klaus scoffs. "Your love was a curse, an affect you feigned. The truth is, you're not better than Mikael, and like him you seem to have crawled back from the grave simply to ruin your children." He notices her eyes widen and he smirks in realization. "Oh! You didn't know! Yes, the Destroyer has risen, brought back to kill me by the witch Davina. Surely Kol has revealed everything to you? Or, is Mother's loyal little boot-licker not quite so loyal, after all?" He hums.

"If Mikael has returned, we will need to deal with him." She insists.

Klaus laughs. "We? Is that a joke? Am I to forego centuries of hatred for my evil mother in order to join her in besting the very demon she herself allowed to raise me?"

The woman sighs in annoyance. "I am not evil, Niklaus. I am your salvation. And Mikael? He was not always a demon. Long ago, he loved his children with all his heart. He doted on your brother Gabriel for being the first born male, but it was our first-born, Freya, who was the apple of his eye."