"Beatrice?" Alexia pulled my attention away.

My entire face flushed as my eyes grew three times their size. What am I saying? "Yeah?" I squeaked, as in literally squeaked, like a mouse.

And normally, I would be embarrassed by the fact that I sounded like a hamster on drugs but right now I was too focused on trying not to picture what Ryder would look like naked, or how it would feel to have his hands against my bare skin.

My mind spiraled.

Not thinking about Ryder! Not thinking about Ryder. Thinking about fuzzy animals. Thinking about fuzzy animals. Thinking about a quokka, or a penguin, or literally anything that's not Ryder. Thinking about pineapples. Not thinking about Ryder's lips pressed against my skin, thinking about cacti. Not thinking about his hands wrapped around my waist, roaming wherever they pleased, thinking about taking a selfie with a quokka. Not thinking about his fingertips slipping under my shirt, tracing every curve of my body like—

Oh sugar honey iced tea. What am I doing?

"You alright? We kinda lost you for a second," she laughed.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to clear my head. "Sorry, I'm a little out of it. I think it was the salt water." It had to be that. Salt water...yeah salt water, not the fact that Ryder smells like salt water.

"Well, then we should definitely get you showered." She led the way. "You can shower in Ryder's bathroom, I'll go shower in mine and I'll grab you some of his clothes to borrow. I'd say you could borrow mine but I think it'll make him all awkward and flustered if you show up in his hoodie and I need to see that." She grinned like a devil.

That is a terrifying look. I'm glad I'm on the good side of it.

Although I'm not sure I really was on the good side of it, taking a shower in Ryder's shower, wearing Ryder's clothes, using Ryder's soap, while simultaneously trying not to think about Ryder; I think I'm going to need to take a cold shower. Ice cold.

She handed me his hoodie, one I'd seen him wear a few times around school, and a pair of her old shorts that would hopefully fit me.

I set the shower to the lowest temperature I could, practically shocking my body but it worked instantly, until I grabbed the shampoo bottle, Ryder's scent immediately filling the room again. You have got to be kidding. It was kind of hard to escape him when his scent was everywhere and I was getting high off the smell of it.

My shower lasted half its time than usual, because I needed to get out of there before my thoughts became even more hazy. I threw on Ryder's hoodie, which really did not help matters. The hoodie fell past the shorts, making it look like I wasn't wearing pants. This is a lovely look. I smiled at myself in the mirror, trying to laugh at my unusual appearance.

I grabbed my book off the counter, holding it in its usual spot next to my chest, before heading back into the kitchen. Ryder set a bowl in front of Alexia who didn't even wait for the second plate before digging in.

I stared at the strange green soup, which had tomatoes floating around the top, although I don't think floating would be the correct word, resting would be more accurate. Whatever that stuff was it was far too thick for anything to float in it.

I walked over to the counter where Ryder had set the two of our dishes, figuring I could help a little since he was still messing with whatever was about to go into the oven.

"Hi," he greeted, his hand, which had been stirring the delicious mixture, slowly stopping as he looked me, or more specifically his hoodie which I had been wearing, up and down.