"Stay." She whispered.

I sighed and shut the door. I stripped down to my sweatpants, sliding under the small cover with her.

She traced patterns on m bare chest with her finger, making my skin tingle. Most people told me about mates when I was younger and how their touch would leave sparks. When I was told that, I always thought it'd feel the way fireworks look. But instead it was gentle sparks.

It felt like the static dots on the TV when it was out of service.

Yet another natural high.

She stroked my cheek with her free hand, arm wrapped around my head from under and reaching my cheek on the other side.

"You seem to be fully awake now." I chuckled.

She laughed right back, "I guess not."

We just layer like that for a moment. Simply enjoying the company.

The bed shifted as Layla lifted herself up, pressing her lips to mine. I was shocked, to say the least.

She deepened the kiss after a second, then I started kissing back.

She sat up, and straddled me, as I sat up with her. She smashed her lips to mine once more, and things deepened almost immediately.

When things were starting to get a little too far, I pulled myself away just as she went to rip off her shirt. "No."

"Please. I'm ready." She whispered.

"I know you are, baby. But it isn't right, not now."

"Yes it is." She paused, "Please, I need to forget. I want to get my mind off of things."

I raised my eyebrow.

"And what better way than to indulge in what's mine. You."

I couldn't handle it anymore. I smashed my lips to hers, and we lost ourselves in the pure bliss only a mate could bring.

----

"Congratulations, guys." Lauren mentioned as she passed by.

"W-What?" Layla stuttered.

Lauren stopped in her tracks, confused as well.

"She doesn't know?!" She screamed.

"Know what!?" Layla screamed back.

Both girls looked to me, and I only wrapped my arms around Layla's waist. "Our scents are mixed."

"Does that mean-?"

"That everyone can tell that we mated? Yes." I said, and buried my face in her neck, kissing akin her mark.

"Oh my god!" I looked up and she was beat red.

God, I love this chick.

"Well, thanks- I guess." She blushed even more.

I smiled. "Thanks Lauren."

"Haha, you're welcome." She chuckled, and nodded goodbye.

"So I have some things to straighten out in my office. You can do whatever, but just know I'll miss you."

The bond had grown stronger over the night.

"I'll just read, so I guess I can come hang out with you, loser." She smiled.

"I'm not a loser!" I pouted.

"You're my loser, though." She turned and pecked my lips, scrambling off to grab a book.

She walked in the office a few minutes later, and plopped down on the couch.

An hour later a white paper came in sight. I was confused until I saw it was the envelope Judd told me about.

I opened it and took out the paper, my heart almost stopping at the words written.

Be careful what you throw yourself into.

Well, just be careful regardless. Especially with her. Because I have him. And she's next.

-M

-------------------

I love you guys! I'm sorry it's been slow but school and softball is getting overwhelming with cheer tryouts right around the corner as well. I'm just stressed.

But here!! I'm still amazed at 1 MILLION reads but hey, y'all are awesome, I already knew that.

**** VOTE AND COMMENT ****