Chapter 1 Confusing Trust

Douxie's POV

'What happened? Last I remember is trying to keep Nari from Bellroc and Skrael, the train getting destroyed, them teleporting both me and Nari somewhere, then... Wait! Did they do the spell!?' 

I sit up, now realizing I'm in a bedroom. I was expecting more of a cell, but this room looks amazing. Stone floors and walls, a round oak wood table in the middle of the room, it had my gauntlet and staff on it, an oak wood wardrobe to the left side, a spruce wood door right beside it, a black desk on the left wall, and two oak bookshelf's on either side of the bed I'm in. Speaking of that bed, it was huge. The bed was the size of the queen's in Camelot, it's black with cobalt blue bedding. 

There's one more door to the right of the room. I can hear voices on the other side, meaning if that's the exit, I can't leave.

'What can I even do? Can Claire even get to me or Nari?' 

The voices are getting closer. Without a second thought to it, I jump out of the bed to the table, grabbed my gauntlet and my staff preparing to attack. Walking closer to the door, I try to listen to what they're saying. 

"-of Arcadia are still going to try and find them. What do we do when that happens?" 

'That's Skrael's voice! But, who's he talking to?' 

"I know I know, however if we want to keep them we'll have to hide. That shadow girl won't get to them if she can't pinpoint them."

'Fuzz buckets! Skrael and Bellroc are right behind this door! I can't fight them alone!'

Even with this rising anxiety making it hard to hear I could still hear what Bellroc said. 

"It seems Hisirdoux is awake, we should check on him." 

With those words I could feel the temperature rise and fall at the same time as they both came closer. 

I stumbled back in panic. 'One master wizard can't stand against two demigods and win!! If I can even call myself a master!' 

As the seconds that felt like hours passed, I could see the doorknob start to move. My anxiety kept getting worst every second with the worst possibilities that could happen, most leaving my dead or severely injured. 

Skrael's POV

Agreeing with Bellroc, we go towards the room we placed the master wizard, Hisirdoux, in. While coming closer, I could sense his panic. 

"He's scared, I can feel it" I tell Bellroc. 

"I know. I hope he won't attack to much, It's already going to be hard to calm him." 

I brace for an attack while Bellroc turns the door handle. As soon as I saw Hisirdoux, he hit me with a spell, successfully pushing me down. 

'Why did I have to get hit? I expected it but still.'

I hear Bellroc try to calm him down. 

"Hisirdoux, please calm down, we won't hurt you." 

"How can I trust you!?" 

"Please, let us prove it to you." After saying that, they put down their staff. He relaxed, but was still on edge. It seemed like he was considering trusting us. I now got up and walked over to stand slightly behind Bellroc. 

"Where's Nari."

"She's in another room in this hallway. I can show you, she's probably still asleep though." 

Carefully walking out of Hisirdoux's room, we walk to Nari's, her room was three doors down from his. While walking I could still feel his fear towards us, I wouldn't blame him since I'm in front and Bellroc is behind him. He keeps looking around. I did the same when we first took refuge here. The walls are all made of stone, since we are inside a mountain. However the few months we stayed here, it looks a lot more like home.