chapter 1

You prepared yourself for the journey you are about to take yet again. You have wandered to many lands searching for the cure to your mother's illness. Almost every professional you meet will have no answer or idea for what exactly is your mother suffering from. Not to mention, because of your lack of financial stability, most of them would either ignore or chase you away.

That is until one day, as you wandered the streets of Liyue. You came upon a certain lad selling ores. He told you about a tale of rare herbs residing at Wuwang hill. You asked him for further details.

In exchange of the information you just needed to bring him back some of the herbs you will be getting.

The very same day, you headed immediately to Wuwang Hill. As you were getting closer, many elderly would come to you and ask where you are heading. The moment you tell them you are headed to Wuwang hill, they would put on a frightened expression, as they continue to tell you rumors about ghosts hunting that place.

Because of this, you started to question if this is really a good idea.

However, you have no choice but to try. If the cure for your mother is actually there and you let some baseless rumors get the best of you, you will be the one to regret such actions.

The Hill was finally in view. You looked around the area and saw signs of life once here. Abandoned buildings, and scraps of wood spread across the area. Your heart started beating fast as your hands begin to sweat. Your throat felt cold and dry as the eerie breeze of the surroundings pricked your skin.

You tightly clenched your fists and gritted your teeth as you marched forward.