Fast Talkers

If there's one thing I know in the afterlife, it's that I know that Jazmine can't throw away her life over me. But that's exactly what she's doing. At least according to three days ago. I practically run up the stairs, following Alex to the fourth floor of The Hub, home to EarthVisit. Now, I know Alex said it's recommended to be "emotionally stable" before using EarthVisit, whatever that means, but I don't have any time to waste. Every day I don't use EarthVisit to visit Jazmine is another day closer to her giving up over me. Nope, can't do that.

Besides, this is now my sole focus. A good distraction from everything else.

Alex turns around to face me as we walk the perimeter of the fourth floor to get to the EarthVisit door, walking backwards and talking. "So, here's a simple explanation of how EarthVisit works. Basically, there are two options for visiting Earth. Option one, living or natural things, you could put it. Remember the bird I mentioned? It's like that. You are able to go back as flowers or trees, a squirrel or a favorite bird. For limbs that have been here for a while, there are more options which are more, how do I put it, ghost-like. Anyways, that's option one. Limbs prefer that method because it allows for a more personal experience when visiting Earth. However, the downfall is you only get to do it three times and that there's no time precision. All you know is that you are going to visit the person sometime during their life, not exactly at the moment you decide to visit. Ball of time, remember? So that's option one. Option two is for non-natural things, I guess you could say. Visit as a flickering light or an electric signal or a weird radio wave. You were alive during Stranger Things, right? I love that show and option two is like that woman's flickering lights. Option two allows the limb to visit at the exact time that the limb decides to use EarthVision. So, overall, if you choose option one, you visit at any point of Jazmine's life. If you choose option two, you visit at your personal linear time at the current moment." Alex is talking very fast, obviously picking up that I'm in a rush.

"So, uh, I should do option two?"

"If I'm following your train of thought correctly, then yes. Unfortunately, you cannot go back as a train." He pauses. "Once again, sorry, bad joke." He turns back around, and soon we are at the door to EarthVisit. He opens it up for me, and I step inside. Instantly, I see someone who seems to be another host look up from this clear, electronic screen. I'm seeing whatever she's playing backwards, because the video is facing her, but I can tell it's a video of a bunch of bicyclists crashing into each other. She gives me and up and down and- is she chewing gum? Do hosts chew gum? She stops looking at me and changes her glare to be at Alex.

"Hey Alex," she says, pausing loudly to chew her. "Who's this?"

"This is my new limb, Haley," Alex responds. Is he nervous?

"His name is Haley?"

"Oh no, his name is Darrion. Darrion Gubart."

"Then why did you introduce him as Haley?"

"No- well, I was just addressing you."

"Next, time let's not do that. Okay?" She chews her gum and looks back at me. "Greetings, Darrion. You could choose any clothes in the world and you chose a hoodie and jeans. We need to watch a fashion show sometime, okay? You need it."

Alex leans down so that he can whisper in my ear. "Sorry, Haley, is uh, Haley is Haley, and this is her. She's another host, but she runs EarthVisit. Despite her being a little bit, uh... rude, she's actually very sweet. Just need to get used to her, that's all."

"I think the word you were looking for was 'bitch' but whatever. Thank you for calling me sweet. Anyways, what are you both doing here? I'm on my break." She gives a fake look of disappointment, before returning to chew her gum.