𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿.

Start from the beginning

"Your earth, your rules. I'm clueless out here. Who's that?" They asked, jutting their chin to the picture of a man on the phone on the page Skye was looking at.

"Lloyd. He might be our way in. But first..." Skye trailed off as she turned to a window display not far from where the two were standing and Ash followed her gaze whilst drinking from her cup of coffee. "We're going shopping."

"We have no money."

"I...we'll figure something out," Skye shrugged. "Let's go." Ash was startled when their cup was grabbed from their hands and whined when Skye threw it in the bin beside them.

"My coffee!" Ash whined as Skye dragged them to the shop, looking back at the bin with a pout. They didn't care if they bumped into anyone, they were too upset over losing their drink.

"Stop being a baby," Skye laughed, "we have work to do."

"You wouldn't be saying that if I threw your muffin away," Ash grumbled but still tore their eyes away from the bin and on the shop they were about to enter.

Close to a half hour later, Ash was in a black suit with a white dress shirt, the black tie loose around their neck. The blazer was kept unbuttoned, their hands in their pockets as they followed behind Skye. Ash wanted to stay in their previous clothes but Skye had insisted this was necessary for the mission and even bought tinted sunglasses to match. Skye had told Ash to go all out so they did exactly that. They even managed to sweet talk a customer assistant to style their hair for them in the way Nate styles his. It was reminding Ash of their missions with the Legends.

"Well, damn. You clean up nice." Ash smiled at Skye once they walked out of the shop, having been the one to take the longest. That was only because Skye told them to change into the new clothes before they left for a plan she had in mind that Ash had no clue about.

"Thanks. You're still in your normal clothes."

"Mhm, all part of the plan. Let's go." Skye started to walk away with a destination in mind and Ash trailed behind without a clue on what's going on. "Oh, quick question," Skye turned to face them, "can you drive?" Ash shook their head. "Okay, great. Follow my lead when we get there."

"Get where?" Skye didn't answer and started to walk faster away from them. "Skye! Get where!?"

Apparently, Skye meant somewhere with valet parking. Their eyes narrowed at the scene in front of them as the dots started to connect. "I can't believe you!" Skye exclaimed angrily and Ash forced their attention on her as they got closer to the cars. "How could you go home with that woman on my birthday!?"

"You're overreacting," Ash sighed, feigning a tired tone as a man got out of his car and left without waiting for a valet. "That's not even what happened."

"Oh, so now I'm making things up?"

"You're putting words in my mouth is what you're doing," Ash said as Skye got in the driver's seat and they quickly slid into the passenger one. As soon as the doors were closed, Skye was driving off with a laugh. "A little warning would've been nice," Ash grumbled, hitting their head back against the seat.

"You did great. What's with that smile?" Skye asked, sparing Ash a glance as she drove. Ash was smiling, yes, but it looked like they were about to cry too which didn't make any sense to Skye.

"Just reminded of missions on the Waverider. The ship from back home," they explained briefly at Skye's confused look. "Just missing home, I guess." Ash noticed how Skye pursed her lips and put on a happy tone to lighten the mood. "Stealing a car, huh? I like it."

"Didn't think you'd approve."

"You kidding? This is the most fun I've had in weeks." That much, sadly, was true. "What's the plan now, boss?"