𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿.

chapter four

{ unedited }

THE DAYS FOLLOWING COULSON'S KIDNAPPING WERE NOTHING BUT HECTIC. The plane was overrun by S.H.I.E.L.D agents and Ash was forced to stay hidden in Skye's van to avoid any questions. That was on May's orders, the woman who was now her supervising officer. May seemed to hate that as much as Ash did. At least, Ash assumed so. It was hard to tell when the woman never showed any signs of emotion.

They were growing bored being stuck in this confined place. It was no better than the containment room. Actually, it was worse with there being less space and a stink that Ash couldn't quite place.

The others were back after a mission that, yet again, Ash was left out on. There was a briefing going on that Ash could hear only parts of with their powers still messing up. From what they understood, they'd basically kidnapped someone to help with finding Coulson.

Ash threw the small ball that was in their hands up when the voices started to become distant and caught it with the other, repeating this over and over in hopes of curing their boredom. They were tempted to walk out of the van and cause a scene just for the sake of it but pushed that urge aside. They couldn't help anybody if they were locked up in a military base. 

They found it interesting how different this world, this organisation, was from the one on their earth. Even the Time Bureau were more lenient than these agents were. They still treated everyone with respect unless they do something to break it. Ash couldn't believe they were saying this but they were starting to miss even that organisation.

Ash turned to the van door when it opened, having to lift themself up to see who it was considering they were lying across the floor at the back. "Hey, cowboy," Skye grinned as she slid into the seat, slamming the door shut. Ash rolled their eyes at the annoying nickname that had stuck since Ash had gotten out of the interrogation room. "Ready to break out of here?"

"Oh, thank god," Ash sighed as they got up, pulling themself to the front seat. "Thought I was gonna die from boredom." They turned to Skye with a grin once they were comfortable, the woman watching with an amused look.

"Let's go, cowboy."

° ✩ • ☽ ° ✩ •

Skye was in a cafe trying to hack her way to find out how to find Coulson while Ash ordered as much as they could with the money they found in Skye's van. They ordered two muffins, one blueberry one for them and one chocolate one for Skye with and an espresso coffee for themself.

Ash had been handed their coffee with the muffins in a small bag when Skye grabbed onto their wrist, pulling at them gently to leave. With a wave and a smile goodbye, Ash left the money on the counter before letting Skye lead them away.

"For you," Ash said, pulling the muffin out and handing it to Skye. She took it with a thanks but was hardly paying attention to it as she kept looking over her shoulder as if scared she was being followed. "Where to, boss?"

"Boss?" Skye asked as the two came to a stop outside a magazine stall. She picked one up from the stand after putting the muffin she was holding prior back in the bag that Ash was holding. Ash stood behind her, peering over her shoulder to see what she was looking at. Having four extra inches on the woman, it was easy to do so.