f o r t y e i g h t

Start from the beginning

"Who's official?" the boy repeated as he placed his arm on the table, his eyes raked over them like he was searching for an answer, to which Saeron rolled her eyes at.

"No one's offici-"
"These two confessed."
"Of course they confe- wait what?!"

Saeron widened her eyes as Taeri mindlessly blurted out, smacking her arm to which the girl winced at. Saeron gave her a glare and she laughed nervously, slowly pursing her lips shut to prevent her from saying more.

Donghyuck, who sat with his lips wide opened, was speechless by what he just heard, then digged a finger into his ear to clear it out, in case he heard it wrong.

"Sae you finally.." Donghyuck trailed off as he eyed Saeron carefully, and the girl nodded slowly to which he let out a hard exhale.

"God finally! I was waiting for you to come to your senses," the boy threw his hands up, slumping back on the seat behind him and forearms landed on his face, covering his eyes.

"These two are blinded by their own emotions," Chaeyong shook her head and Saeron playfully rolled her eyes.
"Well, having a cloudy mind isn't my fault," Saeron defended and when she did, Donghyuck's body jolted when someone tried to drag him down from behind.

"What the fuck?" he tried to regain balance as he swayed his hand infront of him. Successfully jerking his body forwards to sit straight, Donghyuck glared at the person behind him, to see a smily figure that he's been missing way too much.

"Oi Haechaniee~" the boy behind him said in a cute tone, causing Donghyuck's eyes to snap open, immediately getting up on his feet then threw his body towards Mark, engulfing him in a clingy hug causing the older to laugh.
"Mark Lee! I missed youuu~"

Mark scrunched his face as the younger crushed his body between his strong arms, trying to wiggle himself out of his grasp but always ended up getting trapped tighter.

"Hyuck- I can't- breathe.." Mark gaped for air in between his words, rapidly tapping Donghyuck's arms to release the hug. Behind Mark were Jaemin and Renjun, followed by another who Saeron least wanted to see right now.

Oh god watch them bombard him with questions-

"Park Jisung! Why didn't you tell me anything??"

Of course they're gonna.

"Why aren't you guys dating yet?"
"I, Donghyuck, Kim Saeron's step-cousin, am very very confused as to why ya'll aren't dating-"

"Dude what the fuck is going on," Jisung massaged the bridge of his nose before motioning his hand to catch up with the chaotic chat, Saeron opened her mouth to speak but was quickly shut down by Donghyuck once again.

"You two confessed?"
"Goodness gracious Hyuck you need to stop-"
"Not now Kim Sae!"

➶︎➶︎➶︎

"Tell me more," Jisung sat with his lips pursed as his friends started to interrogate him, feeling like a total criminal who just got himself into a murdering case- though in fact it was suppose to be Saeron, you know- that time when she yeeted that guy on the sidewalk- anyway.

"You're overreacting Hyuck," Saeron slapped his arm making him wince, but harshly exhaled when Jisung stayed silent. It was so cute to her, Jisung also looked like a kid who was being scolded by his mother for eating candy without her consent.

"Whatever why do I care anyways," Donghyuck gave up and Renjun was quick to respond. "Yeah why do you care anyways," with that Renjun ran around the room being chased by Donghyuck as he yelled for him to stop while letting out a line of 'sorry's.