Chapter 6: A Fateful Encounter

After your meeting with Dumbledore, you had left immediately, returning to the inn to find Fawkes already waiting for you. You quickly packed all your stuff, thanked and paid Madam Rosmerta for the lovely stay, and let Fawkes lead you somewhere where you could apparate with him.

Dumbledore had explained the basics to you and you had decided that you'd let Fawkes take the reign since he knew what he was doing. Communicating with him wasn't difficult since you could read his intentions if required. The apparition went smoothly but it was quite a weird feeling and left you feeling woozy when you ended up in the area behind the Leaky Cauldron.

You quietly made your way up to your room with Fawkes. You had realised that no matter how bizarre the wizarding world was, phoenixes were still rare to come across. You entered your room with Fawkes on your arm. You gave him a drink and some food and sent him off, knowing he'd be back the day after, to pick you up. You then packed all your belongings into your suitcase and backpack. It didn't take you too long, not having carried much, bringing along only one suitcase of clothes, your backpack with your books and devices, and your guitar which was still in its case. You spent the rest of the day, relaxing in bed, knowing you had a whole day of shopping ahead of you.

-

The next morning, you woke up and got dressed for a whole day of hunting for stuff you had no clue where to find. The first place you headed to after breakfast, was Ollivanders. It was one of the few shops you remembered seeing, which had a description as to what it was.

You entered the shop and were greeted by an old man with messy hair and silver eyes. "How can I help you, miss..."

"[Y/N]."

"And what would your full name be, Ms. [Y/N]?"

You hesitated for a moment but then sighed and said, "[Y/N] [L/N], sir."

He said, "Ms. [L/N], I've been waiting for you for the last couple of years now."

Confused, you asked, "...you have?"

"Indeed. This wand has been waiting for the right master for far too long," he stated, climbing a sliding ladder in the store. Rummaging through a section of the boxes, he slid around, trying to find whatever he was looking for. You took the opportunity to look around the shop, eyeing everything in it. It was a little messy, but made you feel warm and gave you positive vibes.

An 'aha!' sounded from the back, drawing your attention to the man once again. He walked over to you with three boxes and you asked, "I thought you said this wand, not these wands."

"Well, yes. I do wanna test something though," he said with a twinkle in his aged eyes.

"...sure," you mumbled.

A little suspicious of the man, you read him and heard, 'If she is indeed the death eaters' child, she's the young witch from the prophecy. I know what wand I must give her, but I'm curious to see how each core reacts to her.'

'Okay, that doesn't sound malicious to me,' you thought and played along.

He handed you each wand giving you a description of what core and what wood it used. Each core seemed to be compatible with you and the man looked pleasantly surprised. Handing you the third and final wand, he said, "This is the one I was talking about. It's a black, cherry-wood, 12" wand, with a dragon-heartstring core." An eyebrow raised at the core-type, being the most interesting sounding by far. "Go on and give it a flick," he encouraged. As you did what he asked, the wand felt perfect in your hands and a satisfied smile appeared on both your faces.

"It's surprisingly flexible," you remarked.

The man simply laughed and extended his arm, asking for it in order to pack it up for you. You handed it over and thought, 'I really want to ask him what prophecy he was talking- well, thinking about. Dumbledore never mentioned it... I can't really do that without giving my powers away, though.'