𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 22

Start from the beginning

I don't know if someone can get it, but it's just the most vulnerable feelings.

Just 'one' of the most..

___________________

[

3:00pm]

I heard a knock on the door as I was just about to doze off. I sighed before answering the person a 'yes' to come in.

"Hey" I looked upto see a most unexpected face.

"G-grey?" I said as I sat up straight. Even though my abdomen pained alot I had to respect him.

"O-oh please don't make efforts.. " He said as he run upto me and placing a cushion behind my back so I could sit up straight.

"So.. " He said as he sat down on the bed besides my legs.

I nodded and spread my hands as he chuckled and placed the bouquet of flowers he brought.

"Happy birthday.. " He said sounding mostly low.

I sighed and spoke. Actually we both spoke at the same time.

"Thanks" I replied
"I'm sorry" He announced

We both looked at each other and blinked before laughing out lightly.

"I'm sorry too" I said pouting. He looked at me and smiled. "I shouldn't have... You know" He paused and I nodded for him to continue. I actually felt abit taken back on his words yesterday which did hurt me, not that alot because him and I were barely friends..

But

I had to apologize as it was also me who started the mess.

"I should have respected you" He said quickly exchanging his glance to look down. Which his side view gave a striking look.

I smiled and nodded in response. As I was completely loss of words. It's very rare guys accept their mistakes so I got happy.

"I'm so.. Sorry for ruining your birthday and also the misunderstanding between you and Natasha.. " I moved abit and ruffled his hair with my hands.

He looked up looking like a cute puppy.

"Don't worry, it's gone now.. Let by gones be by gones.. " I said and patted his shoulder. He gave in a smiled.

"I... I also wanted to confront something" He said which made my ears on alert.

"Y-yeah.." I stuttered God knows why.

He rest his hands on his lap.

"Well.. I found this" He removed something out of his Jean pocket.

I looked at it wide-eyedly (lol I don't even know if that's a word 🙂😂)

"It's yours" He handed me the ring. I looked at it more carefully. I remember the time I saved Grey and maybe this fell out of my finger.

"Oh y-ya" I stuttered what if he finds out it was me and not Nat and she lied. He'd be mad at her, I'd not want that.

"Let me explain-" I started but he spoke in

"I know the truth" He said and I could hear him sigh deeply.

I pursed my lips together.

"She didn't lie Grey.. It was me who told her not to tell you it was m-" Before I could finish saying more he placed his hand on mine making me flinch.

"Don't worry, we talked it through"

I relieved and maintained my posture, his hands on mine made me so much more nervous.

"U-uh oh" I gave in sighing.

"I owe you my life after this" He said his eyes fixated on mine. "Heh.. See it's not like that, ofcourse I did it out of humanity.. "

His eyebrows frowned as I said that.

"Only because of humanity..?" He asked making me gulp.

"Indeed you are my friend and I did go to save you as I was so scared something might end up happening to you like what if it would have been really really worse" He looked into my eyes. I could feel my face burning as his face was so much near mine now.

I wanted to pull the blanket onto me and hide right now but his hands on mine didn't let me.

"I'm blessed... And I'm so thankful and so sorry" He smiled before pulling me in a hug.

I blinked as I couldn't recognize what happened.

I slowly moved my left hand patting his back.

"Ya.. " I sighed making things more awkward.

Just then the door opened and...

"Em..?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

To be continued

To be continued