Marauder talks

"It's February, mate, we've got until May or June to figure this out."

"You don't know her like I do. I know what she likes, how she likes it-" Lily and I shared a glance as Marlene plopped onto the stairs beside us. We were eavesdropping the Marauders since they decided to shoo me upstairs, which lead Lily and I to believe it had to do with one of us. 

"Look, you can't propose to her during the school year-"

"Propose??" Marlene whispered harshly upon hearing Sirius' words to James. 

"Moony'll back me up, won't you, mate?" Lily and I shared a worried glance. 

"Yeah, it's not that bad of an idea. I'd do it next week if I'd been with her long enough." Our eyes widened and we looked to Marlene for help. She just shrugged nervously, hoping Sirius wouldn't join in on this agreement. 

"You've known her for like..." There was a moment of silence as Sirius thought. "Since you were-" More silence. "Probably you're whole life, you've been in love with her since you were fifteen-"

"Six, but okay." More silence.  

"Sixteen?"

"No, six, six years old. Anyway, what were you saying?" Remus was quick to change the subject. 

"Look, it'd make sense if you did it next week, it's valentines day, and it'd be romantic-"

"Except she'd say 'no'." The girls looked to me and I nodded. 

"What? Why?" Peter sounded like he'd been startled awake or something. 

"She'd say it's cause I'm seventeen."

"Really?" James sounded surprised. "Cause you're seventeen? I won't lie, I forgot you were seventeen, thought you were eighteen." He laughed, making Remus chuckle. "You just seem older than her, than all of us." Remus hummed. 

"Look, maybe when school's over, I might ask her...just not until one of us knows what we're going to do with our lives." I heard him huff and fall back into the sofa. "Nobody hires werewolves, which means; there would be nothing to live off since we're both werewolves." I tilted my head with a sigh, resting it on my arms on my knees. Lily nudged me. 

"You could always get a muggle job." I stared at her. Why hadn't I thought of that? my mother was a muggle! "They offer certain amounts of days off a month, you could use those during the werewolf bit of the month." I slowly nodded with a smile. 

"Or you know, I could just get a day job that doesn't involve the moon at all." Lily nodded to that too. 

"What about you then, Prongsy, when are you gonna do it?" I smiled at Lily, knowing thes would be much sooner. 

"Well, probably during the summer, actually, the start of it. And hopefully get married by next autumn." I smirked at the girl sat next to me. 

"He's got it all planned out, Lil~" I teased, snickering. "I've seen it in writing." Her eyes widened before she got ups and ran to our dorm, causing me to laugh, Marlene snickering but going after her. 

"What was that?" Peter asked with a chuckle. I shook my head and wandered down the stairs. 

"Finished planning your wedding yet, Potter?" He tipped his head over the back of the sofa as I passed him, hitting me with a pillow. I rounded the furniture and dropped into my boyfriend's lap as he remained draped in every which way in the corner of the sofa. One arm over the back, one of the arm, his head tipped back with one foot tucked under his thigh as his other leg hung off the sofa, his eyes closed. He let out a hum, acknowledging my presence. 

"Actually, we were planning yours." James smirked, trying to get under my skin, I returned that smirk.

"Not from what I heard on the stairs." His smirk fell and he glared at me. "Autumn wedding sounds nice, although I do believe summer would be more fitting for you, Jamsie." He stared at me. "I mean, you can't marry Lily in the autumn, her hair would match the leaves, you need a contrast, and flower crowns are beautiful, especially in the summer, which would go perfectly with Lily's hair-"

"I think you've been planning this wedding too long, Crooks." Sirius chuckled and I pouted, throwing a pillow at him as Remus snuck an arm around my hips, settling his hand on my upper thigh. 

"At least I'm trying to help, and I know what Lily likes." I poked my tongue out at him. "Obviously there'd be Lilies and Dahlias-"

"Why Dahlias?" James immediately asked and I tilted my head like it was obvious, which it was. 

"Because deers like to eat Dahlias...? And your patrons is a stag, hers is a doe?" The four boys shared looks. 

"How do you know all of this?"

"Cause girls plan their dream weddings all the time. We do it in our dorm when we can't sleep." I shrugged. "Marlene usually falls asleep first, she's out like a light, honestly, it's crazy. The word wedding during the night and she just knocks right out-"

"You guys plan your wedding, in your dorm, at night?" I nodded as Remus sat up, his other arm slipping around my waist. 

"Yeah. What do you guys talk about?" At this point I was genuinely curious. The four shared glances before all speaking simultaneously. 

"Stuff." I swatted Remus' leg and James' arm. 

"Like what?" I whined, actually wanting to know. 

"James never shuts up about Evans." Sirius admitted. "Talks us to sleep about it all." A chuckle left his lips. "Or quidditch." James threw a pillow at Sirius, narrowly missing the live fireplace. 

"Sirius is constantly talking about girls, or plans for the future with all of us." Peter snitched, dodging the pillow Sirius threw.

"Yeah, well, Peter talks about-" He fell quiet. "Peter's actually a really fast sleeper, he just gets in bed and sleeps." I smiled, giggling as the blonde just nodded with a proud smile and a shrug. 

"What can I say, I'm a master." I turned to Remus, tilting my head as he rest his chin on my shoulder, clearly tired. 

"What about you?" He just shrugged, smiling in the cutest and tiredest way possible. 

"You." I leaned back a little to stare at him. 

"Me?" He nodded, pulling me back to him and resting his head on my shoulder again, closing his eyes. "What about me?"

"Just...you." I looked to James, who was chuckling.

"He talks about how hopelessly ini love with you he is."'

"He used to talk about how he was paranoid you'd leave him eventually cause he's a werewolf." I tilted my head at Sirius' words. "Guess that worked out."

"Hey, speaking of werewolves, you know how the shrieking shack is called that cause of Remus?" The boys nodded. "There was some creepy ass singing coming from there a while ago. It's not just Remus, it's someone else."

"Yeah..." I began, although feeling Remus' grip tighten ever so slightly. "That was me." The group stared at me in surprise. 

"You...can sing?"

"It's haunting, I know-" I spoke, although Remus immediately covered my mouth, still seemingly tired. 

"Hauntingly beautiful, love." I relaxed my expression, staring at him out of the corner of my eyes. 

"Why does it feel like there is more sexual tension in those two movements then there should be??" Sirius cackled, partially scared.