Full moon

I swallowed thickly as I stood by the Whomping Willow, having just been sat under it reading a book, although I had become face to face to a werewolf.

"Why is it always me...?" I whispered, slowly standing up as it stood in the tree-line. I sucked in a deep breath, trying to stop my chest from heaving. Where were they when I needed them the most. It felt like my heart was in my throat. I hesitantly tucked my book into the little crevice the boys usually went through. I was stupid tonight...I'd left my newly fixed wand beside my bed in my dorm. I took a careful step back into the usual tunnel, never letting my eyes leave the werewolf until it was out of my line of sight, immediately spinning around and sprinting down the tunnel.

My concentration was broken after about ten seconds when a howl radiated down the tunnel, from behind me...uncomfortably close behind me. I felt my breathing speed up before I glanced behind me, recognising the werewolf. I could hear scraping on wood not too far above me. The Shack was above me... The Shack...The boys.

"James!" I shouted, just as the growling grew closer. I turned around, so I was facing the sound, slowly backing away from it. I landed on my ass as I tripped over a tree root. "Sirius!!" There were muffled voices talking in the room or so above me. II leaned back on my arms as the werewolf grew close enough for me to feel the body heat, tears welling in my eyes. "James!" I screamed, hearing fast movements upstairs as there was a swift movement down here.

"Wormtail! Where's Moony?!" James' voice was getting clearer, less muffled.

"Upstairs, why?" There was silence. Peter was in the basement with James.

"What's going on?" Sirius had joined them after some heavy footsteps on the stairs.

"Moony's upstairs, right?" Peter double-checked with Sirius.

"Yeah, I just came down from there, why?"

"Something, is making (Y/n) scream in the tunnel-"

"James!!" I screamed again as something swung right in front of my face, causing me to slip backwards away from it. The tunnel was too narrow for it to lunge at me, to try and bite me, so it was resorting to trying to scratch me.

"We've got to get her-"

"Are you kidding me?" I heard Peter's voice, strained. "We don't know what's down there, or why she's screaming!" There was a moment of silence.

"Exactly-" I screamed with a whimper, crying as I pressed my feet against the chest of this beast, keeping its jaws as far away from me as humanely possible in such a tight tunnel. "We have no idea what's down there, which means it could be really bad, and she could be in serious trouble-"

"Will you lot stop arguing?!" I screamed, yelping when the werewolf lurched forwards, it's jaw just narrowly missing my face. "It's a fucking werewolf!" The boys were silent as I continued to cry and scream. "Please!" I begged them.

"The only werewolf on Hogwarts grounds is Moons..." Sirius muttered, most likely looking to our friends. I felt one of my legs drop, a warm liquid trickling down it as the other fell, simply feeling weak. The werewolf began to retreat, snarling at me before tuning on itself and running out from the passage. My chest was heaving, and my face was red, stained with tears. I hesitantly looked down to my leg, feeling my throat go dry. Blood...a lot of blood...I pushed myself to sit up, feeling my stomach drop. "It's quiet..." Sirius stated, almost whispering, surprised and worried.

"Shit." I head something open not far behind me, clearly a door, and light pour into the tunnel. "(N/n), mate? Are you alright?" I sighed. I could feel my heart in my chest, thoughts swarming my head.

"What's going to happen...?" Tears were welling in my eyes.

"What are you one abo-" James' words came to an immediate stop when I felt his presence behind me.

"If you get bitten....or scratched, by a werewolf...?" Every time I paused, my voice crackled, tears dripping down my cheeks.

"(N/n)..." James was hesitant to speak. "What are you on about...?" His voice was soft, and scared, as he whispered his words. I could feel hot tears mixing with something else. I hesitantly raised my fingers to touch my face, pulling my hand away and finding red. Great...more blood. A sad, scared smile crossed my lips as I shook my head.

"James...What's going to happen...?" I turned my head to look at him, his expression falling into one of horror and worry.

"Sirius, Peter, stay with Remus. I have to take (Y/n) back." James was quick to grab my arms and pull me to my feet, slinging one go my arms over his shoulders. He never called them by their real names, only ever by their Marauder nicknames.

"Prongs-"

"We should have helped her!" Everyone fell silent, anger and frustration in James words. "We should have helped her..." he muttered, taking a deep breath. "Come on, (N/n)..."