Yeji watches as Ryujin climbs onto the bed, kisses her and sits down next to her.

"Yuna made us omelet rice," Ryujin says. "Do you wanna eat now?"

"Maybe a bit later."

"Okay. Wanna talk?"

"About?"

"Us? Jisu's news?"

Yeji sits ups and covers the two of them with the blanket. "Oppa told me that Sangjin oppa got married earlier this year," she tells Ryujin, referring to Jisu's husband who has told her the news last night at the party.

"Oh?" Ryujin raises her eyebrows. "Good for him."

"Oppa also told me about what you asked him to do before you disappeared three years ago," Yeji says. "The alcohol set his tongue loose."

"I made a mistake," replies Ryujin. "I thought I was doing the right thing because I wanted you to be happy, I wanted to give you a chance to experience something that you won't be able to experience with me. Sangjin oppa was the nicest guy I knew who happened to have a huge crush on you."

"I don't care how nice he was. You're the only one I want to experience it with."

"Now I know that." Ryujin searches for Yeji's hand under the blanket and holds it. "Do you still feel that way? I mean, Jisu is already on to her second child and you still have none," she says, running her thumb over the heart-shaped knot that never seems to leave Yeji's finger.

"So what? We have plenty of time, don't we?"

"Just making sure, that's all," Ryujin says, giving Yeji's hand a reassuring squeeze.

"I want kids of my own someday, that's for sure, but not just with anyone," states Yeji.

"I get it. I'll make sure you have all that. In the mean time, you sure about waiting until I graduate and get a job? I'm willing to try to win you back right now. Let's stop this friends-with-benefit thing. I want you back."

"All in due time, Jinnie." Yeji pats the back of Ryujin's hand with her free hand then moves off the bed. "I'm hungry. Let's go eat."

———————

Yuna sips her tea and sighs. "This is good," she says.

"I prefer my hot chocolate," replies Chaeryeong, pointing at the mug in her hand. "Are they coming back here or are we meeting them at the restaurant?"

"We'll meet them at the restaurant. Ryujin unnie said she'd text me once they leave the airport."

The two are at the house, waiting for Ryujin and Yeji who are taking Ryujin's friend to the airport.

"It felt good to have Ryujin unnie home again, even only for a couple of days," adds Yuna. "This house is so quiet without her. Good thing I have Dubu."

At the sound of its name, the dog that's been lying on the carpet turns its head and lifts its ears, making its owner smile.

Yuna puts her mug on the table and beckons the dog over.

Chaeryeong watches as Yuna lifts the white dog and lets it lick her chin before placing it on her lap. "If you want, I'll come over more often. I can even stay over to keep you company."

Yuna turns her head and smiles a little. "Thank you, Unnie, but I don't want to be a hassle to you."

"What hassle? I probably won't be able to come over if my schedule ends late but on my day offs, I'd be glad to keep you company."