Four

Chapter Four

Chapter Four

My hearing dulls out and sweat rolls down the side of my forehead as I lift the crosse over my shoulder. I let out a sharp breath as the ball flies across the field. As the goalie lunges forward, the ball skimming past his head, my crosse drops.

I am immediately swarmed by my team mates. All of my senses come back to me and the screaming and cheering of the crowd fills my ears.

"Yeah!" Sam yells, grabbing my helmet and shaking my head. "Fuck, yeah, Miah!"

My body falls between multiple bodies before I am pulled out, pride swelling in my chest, and my Mom comes into my line of sight. My father stands limply behind her, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Oh, Honey, I am so proud of you!" She grins, her motherly love making me grin. "You did so well!"

Pulling my helmet off, I spit my mouth guard out and toss it in my helmet, pulling my Mom into a hug. She squeezes me as tight as her small body can and I sigh into her, trying to calm my racing heart rate. My smile slowly slips off of my face as I catch my Father's disapproving eyes.

Fuck me.

He's not going to let this slide. So, I try to ignore him for now before tonight's win becomes a scream fest. Pulling away from my Mom, I place a kiss on her cheek. "I have to go get changed but, uh, I'll meet you out by the car?"

"Yes," She nods, grinning at me and patting my cheek. "I love you, Honey."

I smile at her. "I love you too."

Squeezing her shoulder softly, I push through my cheering friends and jog over to the boy's locker room, glancing up at the crowd as I head that way. Maeve—her beanie falling down slightly and a beautiful grin painted on her face—is laughing and weaving through the crown, most likely trying to get to Jackson and What'shisface.

Turning on a shower, I peel my gloves off, tossing them inside of my locker. I zip open my bag and toss my jersey in there, along with my socks and boxers. My shoes stay in my locker and I make sure to leave my fresh clothes in there as well, not giving Sam the chance to steal my clothes again.

My shower caddy is hung over the knob of the shower.

Hopping under the warm water, I groan, tossing my head back as the water cascades down my chest. My blond hair turns a light brown as I grab some shampoo, scrubbing it into my roots thoroughly. After I rinse my hair out, I run some conditioner through it and let it set while I wash my body.

The scent of Japanese Cherry Blossom steam fills the air—I will be damned if I use Irish Spring like half of the male population. That Bath And Body Works shit? Fucking gold. I'm not exactly prone to wanting my ass eaten out but if I did get my ass eaten out, at least it would smell like fucking cookies instead of crushed up Doritos and shit.