Bite Me Baby: And Then There Was One (Chapter Five)

First I would like to say I am so sorry I haven't posted in forever! I kind of lost track, plus we had testing at school this week and stuff, so yeah. But I am very sorry, and I plan on continuing every week now, if possible. But, since I took so long, I will be posting two chapters! So YAY! Be prepared for the unthought of though. ;)

Love ya!

Chapter Five

I walked out of the shower, feeling refreshed and taking a deep breath of the air, filling my lungs and causing gooseflesh to pop onto my creamy skin. I wrapped a towel around my body and dried my hair, letting it fall onto my shoulder in wet waves. I walked to the mirror and sighed, looking at myself. After brushing my teeth I tiptoed to the door and opened the door quietly into my room. I peered into the room, making sure no one was there before walking out, my hand clutching the towel as I tiptoed to the wardrobe and looked for something else to wear. 

  "What are you going to wear?" A deep familiar voice asked from behind me. I whirled around to see Darrin, chuckling and watching me. I rolled my eyes. "Really Darrin? You're just like Xavier in some ways." I said, turning back around. Cool air hit my back and when I turned around, I came face to face with Darrin, a smirk playing on his lips. "The only difference is I'm much nicer, and not as.... Immature." He said, his voice soft and his breath hitting my face. I choked a laughed. "That's very true." I replied nervously. Something inside of me twisted, I figured nerves, but I wasn't completely sure. For the very first time since I came here, I felt nasua creep into my stomach,and my mind screamed at me to stop. But what was I supposed to stop? I wasn't doing anything. 

Darrin notcied my glazed over eyes and cocked his head, then he went in for the prey, putting his hands to my hips and bringing his mouth to mine. He kissed me furiously, and I did nothing but stay still, making no movement at all. My lips stayed still, and finally he slacked off. "Brookelle? What's wrong?" He asked me, his eyes full of pain and hurt. I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came. I cleared my throat and looked down at my feet. "Darrin, I-I can't do this." I told him, looking up into his eyes. "I'm sorry, but, I just can't." I continued, feeling a sharp pain in my head. 

  Darrin's head nodded hesitantly. "I understand." He replied, and by the look on his face, I could tell he did, though I knew it still stung. I opened my mouth but he had already dissapeared, leaving the door wide open in his place. I sighed, raking a hand through my brown waves and sighing. "God." I said, turning away from the door and letting only few tears escape my eyes. A cool hand touched my shoulder and turned me to face Xavier, who looking into my blue eyes and brought me into a hug. He put his chin on top my head and sighed. "He'll be fine. He just didn't think that would happen." He told me in a whisper. "He told me he was heading out for the night, he'll be back tomorrow." He added. 

  I shook my head, removing my head from his chin. "I just- I can't do this. Not you and him both. I like you Xavier, and I like Darrin too. But I don't want to get into something I'll just forget in the next few days." I said, tears rapidly escaping my eyes now. "So if your going to do something to my head, do it now, 'cause I can't take it!" I cried, shaking my head. Xavier opened his mouth. "I'm sorry Brooke." He said, hugging me closer. I buried my head into his neck, tears rolling down his shoulder and soaking his shirt. 

After several minutes of this, I lifted my head, looking into his eyes. "I'm so sorry. Your shirt is ruined." I told him, shaking my head and wiping my eyes. He shook his head, wiping my cheek. "I'm sorry. We're putting you through..." He stopped, shaking his head, his clear blue eyes clouded with sadness and confusion. "Through Hell to put it quite bluntly. And I'm sorry." He continued on. "I want to put you away from all of this, but, I can't until Darrin is back, because, I-I can't do it alone, not to you. Not now. Anyone else and I'd be fine but, you-you're you. You're Brooke, you're beautiful, and amazing, and-and I don't want you out of my life, and if you have to be, I can't do it myself." He told me. Pain clenched my stomach, my head throbbing. "Xavier, I..." I began but I couldn't go on, I didn't know what to do or say, because in truth, I didn't want to forget, or leave.  I shook my head, "I need to change." I finished, looking down at my feet. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw him nod. "Okay." He said, turning to the door and leaving the room with a click of the door behind him.