A Prince of Bengal

Começar do início

"Good! Hey, you three. You're not hurt?" The prince picked up the top hat Ciel had dropped and dusted it off. 

"No, we're all fine." Y/N knew Sebastian and herself could recover almost instantly and Ciel hadn't taken a single hit. 

"And you, runt." Soma smashed the hat down on Ciel's head. "A child should not be wandering in a place like this. It's dangerous. I'm still on the hunt for someone, so I'll be taking my leave. Farewell." The Prince turned around and Agni bowed to them. Only Y/N bowed back and smiled brightly to Agni. As they walked off, the three could hear them chatting. Agni reminded Y/N so much of someone's mother.

"Lord Soma, you have done a good deed!"

"It was my duty as a child of God." Soma was still a bratty little shit, but it was pretty funny.

"Myyy!" A airy and lazy voice echoed from atop a nearby building's roof. "Those two were something else!"

"And where have you been this whole time?" Ciel shouted up to Lau.

"How the bloody hell did you even get up there? What are you, a cat?" Y/N knew he'd be up there but it was still shocking; there wasn't even a ladder or anything for him to use.

"Oh don't be like that! Why, I was waiting for a chance to save you, okay?" As Lau hopped down from the roof, the Indian's voices could still be heard.

"English roads are too complicated," pouted the Prince.

"Let us go left next," suggested his butler.

"In any case, who were they? They don't live in the East end, that much is obvious." Y/N nodded in agreement as Sebastian went over to inspect the fallen men. "They were well-dressed. And their English was without a trace of an accent."

"Be that as it may, I should think our first priority is to take these people to the city police." Sebastian looked back at the pair after looking at Agni's handy work.

"We labored in vain," Ciel sighed, "And now it's begun to snow." Both Ciel and Y/N were utterly exhausted. They had discovered nothing else about who had been hanging the men upside down. It was far past nightfall and a new layer of snow had started to fall all around them. Y/N stretched and yawned.

"That we did. Next time we do something like that, just leave me here with the servants. They're much more fun." Y/N cracked her aching back.

"The culprit might be among them. Let us wait for Lord Randall to contact us," suggested Sebastian.

"I hate to break it to you, Sebastian, but he pretty much hates us. I think he'll take his sweet time before letting us know squat about what happens in those interrogations." Y/N knew that none of those men had anything to do with the crimes anyway. It was all just a huge waste of time. "If I could say something about it, I would, but then the whole plot would be screwed."

"Exactly," Ciel agreed with her before stomping off, "Really! I'm tired of being summoned to London every time a silly incident like this occurs!"

"If you think this workload is bad, imagine living here!" Y/N had flashbacks to her old work load from when the Yard dumped cases for her to consult on left and right.

"Ha ha! You must howl and roar if there is even the faintest possibility of harm befalling her Majesty! Such is the difficult role of the Watch Dog, Earl, and the Lion." By the end of the day Lau had finally seemed to realize that Y/N was also a person and could be much more conversational than Ciel. "But I don't mind in the least since I get to play with you!"