The welcome party

Given that you'd just sold your flat in Seattle, all of your stuff had been packed up in boxes, waiting in storage to go to a home. So, as Tony suggested, you moved in that very afternoon. You wore a lazy outfit given that all you planned on doing was unpacking for today.

You were in your element, hanging a poster here, placing a candle there. Putting all of your many clothes into the surprisingly large walk in closet - Tony knew you too well. You were just finishing up the last few decorations when a knock came at your door. Startled, you went to open it, being greeted by a large a smile and twinkly blue eyes.

"Y/n right?" The tall blonde man gave you a toothy grin.

"Uhhh yes" you smiled, slightly confused "that would be me. I'm sorry but I don't know your name, you are?"

"Steve Rogers, mam" he stuck out his hand "lovely to meet you"

You shook his hand gently, "I'm sorry for asking but, how do you know me exactly?"

"Well, Mr Stark has told me all about you y/n" he replied.

"Good things I hope" you laughed nervously

"Yes of course. He said you were very kind and....beautiful" Steve smiled "and he didn't lie there" he looked you up and down before licking his lips.

"Oh haha" you blushed

"Well um" he cleared his throat "I was sent up here to come and get you to meet the rest of us"

"The rest of you?"

"Yeah" he chuckled "the other avengers, sweetie"

"Oh right" you blushed again, with embarrassment.

"Come on doll" Steve said warmly before turning round. You ran over to him after closing your door, smiling at him and getting one back. As you carried on down the hall, Steve placed a hand on the small of your back, creating small butterflies, guiding you to the left, "this way". Eventually you ended up in a glass room with many people staring at you. Slightly overwhelmed, you shuffled over to Tony, not before hearing Steve whisper something to a man with brown hair and a metal arm about how you were 'rather stunning'. Tony placed an arm around your shoulder before addressing the group,

"So everyone, I called you all here to introduce y/n" he grinned down at you before looking back at everyone else "she will be my new assistant, but she is also like family to me so treat her with respect please" Steve looked at the floor after that comment, you laughed nervously.

"So y/n this is banner" a middle aged man with kind eyes gave you a small wave and welcoming smile, you returned it.

"Natasha" tony continued, a beautiful women with admirable red hair winked at you, "call me Nat"

"The lovely Wanda" tony smiled, an equally beautiful woman beckoned you closer before whispering in your ear "I think a few of these guys have got their eye on you honey" making you blush profusely, Wanda giggled at your reaction, next her stood a man like thing that confused you a little "it's lovely to make your acquaintance y/n. I am vision" vision said calmly, you gave him a small smile.

"Thor..." a large man possessively holding what appeared to be a large hammer gave no warning before pulling you into a large hug, "glad to have you on the team y/n!"

"Sam" Tony brought you over to a man sitting on the arm of a sofa, some sort of contraption on his back, "nice to meet you y/n" he shook your hand.

"I'm Bucky" the man with the metal arm introduced himself, standing up to pull you into a hug also, patting your back in the process.

"And you already met Rogers" Tony rolled his eyes "he insisted on getting you" you gave Steve a small smile, whilst trying not to laugh. "Well Stark I just had to meet this girl after all the praise you'd given her!" Steve tried to defend himself, but he wasn't convincing anyone.